Off. all-star team of east TN

jwinston

Now let me say this. You can only have one for each position. No option this QB and pass this QB. Also I am asking for players that are playing in highschool now.

QB Name; School

FB

TB

WR

WB or WR

C

2 G's

2 T's

TE

I can't really say because I don't know much about teams outside my area. That is also the reason for doing this.

Edited by jwinston

My picks are strictly biased picks, but they are who I would choose.

QB: John T. Armes (Wartburg)

FB: Ryan Gunter (Wartburg)

RB: Michael Paul Gilbert (Coalfield)

TE: Brandon Foster (Coalfield)

WR: Steven Hensley (Coalfield)

C: Jamy Gibson (Wartburg)

G: Kyle Lamance (Wartburg)

G: Charles Cofer (Oakdale)

T: Michael Wilke (Wartburg)

T: Joe Cotton (Coalfield)

Let me know if I leave anyone out!

QB- Mark Byrd, Cloudland

FB- Chase Flanary, Dobyns Bennett

TB- Scooter Houston, Jeff. County

WR- Lamon Williams, Dobyns Bennett

Jacob Holt, Maryville (I think he's still there)

TE- Anthony Barcel, Science Hill

OL- Don't know enough standouts in east TN. to list them other than the manchild from Sevier County.

I am biased as well but the landers have several boys who could be all state. The biggest improvement on this years team is the return of Jeff Lunsford,had three sacks the other night and they were holding him all night,I don,t blame them. Chris Sheets and Jake Gibbs are huge and really improved from a year ago. Byrd Benfield and Chrisman were all state last season and I would expect no different this year. Also watch out for Aaron Stockton and Toby King,The passing game has improved. Zack Cook and Steven Frye could be worthy as well. Believe me ,this is a special team. Go LANDERS

Everyone knows the backs and wideouts, but two OL I have seen so far:

Jordy Harrison OT Happy Valley

Eric Collins G North Greene (but I'm biased here)

I know there are more, I just haven't seen them yet.

You might be "biased," ie3, but I'm not; I've seen both of them, and in fact, I've seen Eric twice. He's having a great season so far.

I will be voting for Jordy at season's end, but for defense. He can dominate.

And maybe not so well known...David Lynch is one of the better fullbacks in the area.

But first, I have to second what "pujo" said about Cloudland: That many very good players on one Single A team is a once in a decade, or actually once in a generation...well, in fact once in a lifetime occurance. Folks these guys are that good, and more importantly, that unselfish.

From Unaka: (and their problem is...especially when you leave the Carter/Washington County area, their names are hardly recognizable. Partly because of the amazing success of Cloudland - which is well deserved on their part...and partly because we have Happy Valley, Science Hill, Elizabethton, Bristol, Kingsport DB, etc.

Kasey Garland Tackle...as good as any of those named, but just growing into his own skin. He is a legitimate D 1 prospect.

Jorden Ensor Center...But certainly overshadowed by others on more successful programs.

Joey Parlier....1100 yards from fullback position...not bad.

***footnote*** Andrew Richardson (like you said, ie3...a slight chance of bias here :rolleyes: Never mind...I'll have to vote him on our defensive team later.

KRICH

I'm looking forward to seeing those Unaka boys this week, I remember Parlier, and Garland from last year. You are right, alot of these boys don't get recognized by folks outside the immediate area because their programs are overshadowed by the bigger name schools.

As far as Cloudland, this class has been the most amazing I have seen in many years. The last group of gentlemen I saw this talented, I was watching them in the Superdome playing for the state championship. I am looking forward to watching them play this year ( with a certain amount of trepidation). :rolleyes:

I hope we can hook up at the game on Friday, if not, I wish your team all the best.... almost. :rolleyes: