Pigeon Forge vs. Union County

UCPatriot

I have to agree. Despite if UC is healthy or not PF will wear them out. Where does UC fans get this type Confidence. Only if this were players I will understand, they have to belive that they can win. However this program has never won and as long as only just a few people are backing it and the coaching there, it will never win on the AAA level. Now they can beat a few A schools. ( and Claiborne Co.)

One question? Outside of Claiborne CO. when was the last victory in AAA?

The only teams beat in the past 2 years were Cosby and Claiborne, so where does these schools rate in the power standings? Lets take a look last in the state Cosby, next Claiborne, then Union County....ect

Union Players use this as motivation if you like but there is no arguing the facts. And fans either get the job done, hire a new coach or please stop telling us of all the great players that UC has. If this is so you really need a new coach, and coaching staff. Remind you I have not seen them play only going on results. And by the 2002 schedule and results our local jv program could have finished 6-4.

(Jeff Co)

Its not personal.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all talk about having size and speed and such well lets hear some stats! I'll give you some of our to amuse you:

Shane Canterbury (senior)#74 OL-405 bench, 480 squat

Josh Garst (senior) #57 OL-385 bench, 405 squat

Guy Repert (junior) #55 OL-325 bench, 385 squat

Josh Hightower (senior) #75 OL-405 bench, 480 squat

Adam Griffin (junior) #72 OL-335 bench, 405 squat

Paul Breighner (senior) #44 FB,LB-325 bench,420 squat

Josh Bugh (junior) #37 HB,LB 305 bench, 405 squat

Don't take this the wrong way, these guys may be great football players, but just because they can bench and squat doesn't necessarily make a great football player. I have seen countless times where "weightlifters" came out for football, and could lift the entire fieldhouse, but couldn't play a lick.

Greenback may be a A school, but they seem to do it well. I guess regardless of classification they were just too much for PFHS and all of their strong men. :rolleyes:

A.J. did play, and well. He threw the deep ball amazing, as a matter of fact he threw most of hid balls outstanding. He passed for just under 300. On the other side Pigeon Forge rushed for just under 300, with Josh Bugh gaining about 160. It was a fun tennis match, your head would go right then left and so on. Congrats to the Tigers. Good luck to both squads.

Relaxed1, Do you just go around and find the teams that have had bad records and blast them, or is it just UC. You keep calling for our coaches head and your right, you don't know anything about us. So, don't judge a book by its cover. Union Co. has never had any support or money, but coach Jessie has been turning this program around. This is his third year and he has worked on getting kids to play with confidence, pride , and passion. After years of struggles this doesn't happen over night. And try to do all of this with no fieldhouse, weightroom, and equipment that is 20 years old! Now that these things are coming because of Coach Jessie, ask PF how much we've improved. I've never heard one UC fan come on here and say we're a great team. That was other fans just saying we play hard and are alot better. So Relaxed1, go bash some other program, but I'm sure you already are.

Edited by UCPatriot

Well UCPatriot if you want to give coach Jessie credit for beating a terrible class 1A school (Cosby) twice and Claiborne County twice, a team that has not beaten Union County since the 80's that's fine, it is after all your opionion. But to give him credit for the weightroom and fieldhouse is a joke. If that is the reason for improvement then go over and thank Lisa Wallace who worked her tail off for those things and kiss it while you are there. If you want to thank coach Jessie for something thank him for being a good schedule maker and loading up a bunch of class 1A schools like Harriman who was 0-10 last year so the Patriots can get their two wins per year. If the Patriots have as much talent as as their bios on the internet says O and D lines as big as most colleges an outstanding back in Lucas, and one of the state's best QB's in Bennet then they should be able to handle class 3A teams other than poor old Claiborne and keep Class1A tems off the schedule.

Big Daddy, Lisa Wallace did do a good job, but the football team raised alot of that money. The weightroom was purchased by the football team. The feildhouse is not done, but our new athletic director will finish it! By the way, Harriman is a AA team and everyone plays different classifications. Coach Jessie inherited the schedule we had the past 2 years. The only A school he has ever scheduled was a good Coalfield team! Pigeon Forge scheduled a good A team in Greenback. Other people write bio's. Every coach is proud of their player's and speaks highly of them, because people like you won't. All I'm saying is after years of losing it takes time to turn things around. When your trying to do this you don't go out and schedule Anderson Co., AE, or Fulton. I'm just proud of the whole coaching staff and players from UC. Just like the Harriman players mother wrote on another post, it don't take much to put down a team or coach when their down, but realize they are out there working just like everyone else. I'm trying to be postive, try it once.