Pigeon Forge vs. Union County

UCPatriot

Big Daddy, Lisa Wallace did do a good job, but the football team raised alot of that money. The weightroom was purchased by the football team. The feildhouse is not done, but our new athletic director will finish it! By the way, Harriman is a AA team and everyone plays different classifications. Coach Jessie inherited the schedule we had the past 2 years. The only A school he has ever scheduled was a good Coalfield team! Pigeon Forge scheduled a good A team in Greenback. Other people write bio's. Every coach is proud of their player's and speaks highly of them, because people like you won't. All I'm saying is after years of losing it takes time to turn things around. When your trying to do this you don't go out and schedule Anderson Co., AE, or Fulton. I'm just proud of the whole coaching staff and players from UC. Just like the Harriman players mother wrote on another post, it don't take much to put down a team or coach when their down, but realize they are out there working just like everyone else. I'm trying to be postive, try it once.

UCPatriot you need to read what I said more carefully. Nowhere did I say anything negative about a player. On the contrary I think the Patriots do have some talent. A.J. will never be mistaken for twinkle toes but he does have size a good arm and most importantly a good head for the game. Lance Chandler will knock your socks off, Lucas pound for pound is as tough as they come, and Chad Bolden is strong and mobile at 6'4" 270. I am simply saying when you give all this credit to Jessie for turning the Patriots around in my opinion you are off base. Sure he did inherit the schedules the past two years,(UC was 3-7 the year before Jessie took over against a much tougher schedule) but Randy Frazier left him in good shape with non district games against smaller schools such as Cosby, West Green, Powell Valley, and a terrible 3-A team in Sequoyah. How did he improve on it? He did beat Cosby as he should but lost to Powell Valley, West Green, and Sequoyah in both 2001, and 2002. In fact Sequoyah has won one game in each of the last two years and it was against UC. As far as this years schedule you are right Harriman is a 2A school. So far this year they are 0-3 and have been outscored 129-0 in those three games. Last year they were 0-10 and were outscored 386 to 57 in those 10 losses. McMinn Central, another Jessie pick up, was 1-10 and lost 60-7 to Rhea County, 61-6 to McMinn County, 61-7 to South Pittsburg, 56-0 to Trousdale County, and 45-0 to Grundy County. In fact their only win was against the same Sequoyah team that that spanked the Patriots 26-0. So please explain how you think coach Jessie is turning this program around other than being a good schedule maker. In fact it would seem that he has done less with more talent than any UC coach in history.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, PZ, OH I mean Bigdaddy, I know you don't like coach Jessie because he wouldn't let you run the show there. So, as you all know, Bigdaddy son couldn't beat our QB out so he left mad at the coach & UC. Everyone knows they were extremely young these last two years. Yes, they lost two heart breakers to West Greene, 1 to Powell Valley, 2 to Pigeon Forge(Counting Friday's), 1 to Rutledge(ot), and if we win those games your not on here bashing our team & coaches, well as least not our team. So, keep bashing us, but now everyone knows who you are, and everyone knows the truth! Of course, we're not the first place you've left mad and transfered.

Heheheheheh, oh my side hurts. I must have hit a nerve there UCPatriot. Well to the contrary, coach Jessie did me a huge favor. Since I was at UC for all of 27 years of teaching I don't have a clue of where you get that's not the first place I left mad and transferred. You need to be a little more informed before posting, but I understand you were upset. My children never attended any other high school other than UC before moving to Morristown. Also since Jared was a wide receiver at UC I don't know where the competition at QB comes from, unless you are talking about the G-P game when Jared come in in the second quarter with G-P leading 23-0. We had 0 first downs 0 pass completions and had been pushed back into our own end zone every time we had the ball. Although he had never taken a snap at QB in a varsity game in his life the team reeled off 5 straight first downs, he was 5 for 5 passing and also ran a bootleg for a first down, before he was mysteriously removed with the Patriots in G-P territory 1st down at the 38, and the crowd chanting J-Z, J-Z, J-Z. The second play after he was replaced G-P had an interception for a touchdown and it was 30-0. Jared never re-entered the game. Sound coaching move wouldn't you say. After the game when confronted by not me , but by another players dad about why Jared had never re-entered the game although it was 51-0 G-P and coach Jessie's nephew A.J. had played the rest of the game, he said he was afraid he might get hurt ! Well if that is what you are referring to as not beating out the coaches nephew at QB I can only say you can't win what you are not allowed to compete for. Although he was not good enough to play for coach Jessie, he transfers to a 4A school wins the QB position, a position he had never played before, and passed for almost 1300 yards, the most by an East QB since Randy Sanders in the 80's winning all-region, and all IMAC honors along the way. As for worring about him getting hurt, well he has started 12 consecutive games now for Morristown East, and never missed one snap or practice because of injury. And let's not even compare the competition. East a 4A school played 5A Jeff Co. , 5A Science Hill , and 4 teams ranked in the top ten 4A schools in the state last year in Powell, Knox Central, Morristown West, and Greenville, and played 0 teams in classifications below them. He is being actively recruited by MTSU, Wofford, Eastern Ky. & Furman and has had over 70 requests for game film. At a BFS clinic in the spring involving six teams he ran back to back 40 times of 4.51 and 4.54. In the spring he joined the track team competed in 12 multi-team events and was undefeated in the 100m running a best time of 11.06. In the IMAC championship he finished 2nd by .05 of a second in the 100m to Vanderbilt commit Jeff Jennings and anchored the Cane's IMAC championship 4x100 and 4x200 relay teams leading them to their best finished since 1984, earning all IMAC and MVP of the track team along the way. And by the way he also started on the Cane's basketball team that won 19 games and advanced to the region, was the second leading scorer including 40 points and a school record 8 three pointers vs Jeff Co. A brilliant coaching move to have that good of an athlete at your disposal and not have the ability to see it especially since he started as a freshman and led the Pats in TD receptions and yards per catch. So UCPatriot lets set the record straight. Go back and read the posts. I have never bashed the players or great people of Union County. I also have no fuss with AJ. As far as I'm concerned he is a good kid a smart kid and a good QB. Coach Jessie knows how I feel about him, but if he doesn't remember, please just thank him for me. Life is great the Canes are 2-0 for the first time in many years and I also make about $10,000 more per year teaching at east which greatly enhances my retirement.

UCPATRIOT, I don't know who you are but I have known Big Daddy for almost my whole life and I know for a fact that his kids started High School at Union County and that he taught at Union County for a number of years. I may be wrong but I don't remember him teaching any where else. I also don't remember him trying to run the show. I also know the truth but I wonder if you do???????

Edited by hurricanehannah

UCPATRIOT,

From Jeff CO. I have seen this QB from east. I have just one question? Is the post true from BIGDADDY? This kid did not play at UC? WHY??????????????? If you have better athletes than this, I can see why you must be frustrated. This kid can play. Who is making this kind of decision???????

Relaxed1 you read it right. Although he started for UC's previous coach as a freshman WR led the team in TD receptions, yards per catch, and total yards receiving per game, under coach Jessie as a soph he was limited to less than 10 snaps per game and played behind a 5'7" 145lb WR that couldn't run the 40 in less than 5.0 seconds and did not catch a pass until the 8th game of the season against Claiborne county.

Jared did play at UC. He was Bennett's favorite target his freshmen and sophomore year. It was never an issue for Jared to play qb at Union County. After the Claiborne game in 2001, his dad decided that he was done with football at UC. That's a shame because Palazzola and Bennett would have been a great combo at Union County. Instead, the Cokers and Palazzola left to reunite with Frazier in Motown.

At any rate, it doesn't really matter what happened to Jared at Union County. What is important is that he is doing well where he is at and he is happy there. Those of us close to the Palazzola family know there were many reasons behind the move to Morristown and we also know that they are very happy in Morristown. We also know it was a family decision to move to Morristown and not one made by Jared's Dad. So, all of this rehashing the past is kind of silly when what is really important is what is happening now, which is that Jared is playing great ball at East.