THE BEST PLAYERS IN GIRLS TN SOCCER

FHSslebers123123

they should have.... sadly, there was literally no coacing being done in the second half.. i know they were playing with a lower caliber of player due to supension and injury but that is where game management comes in.... you either completely pack it in and have your best forward cherry pick or do what you can to at least have your team gaining something from teh experience of playing a top level squad like baylor, instead the coaches sat back and silently watched the girls get demoralized.... then again this is the same coach who tells his players at halftime that they are horrible players and that some shouldn't even be playing the game... im sure that motivates some people (the ones who are motivated by that sort of talk) but it completely destroys the others confidence, and makes team leaders begin to distrust their coach.... luckily these girls have really come together in time for the playoffs and the loss to Bylor seems to have only affected their, won/loss record and not their team as a whole....

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessica Kyle and Anjarae Washington, both of Tullahoma High School, are two of the best players in the state. Last year they helped lead there team to the state finals and are on the way to another showing at the state tournement. This year, Jessica has scored 30 goals, so far, and has 63 on her carreer. Both of those are school records. (She also holds the records for the most assists). Anjarae was just voted district player of the year. In my opioin they both deserve to be on the list.

virginia penner from oakland high school. she didnt have the greatest team to play with but she is one of the smartest players i have seen. shes quick, has an eye for the goal with fantastic finishing abilities. great placement and judgement....overall amazing player. she plays club soccer for the srfc strikers

if anyone posts more on this topic please try to include the club teams they play for

I think Paige Lanter from Baylor kicks butt. She's fast, has excellent ball control, and is in amazing shape. In the Baylor vs. Notre Dame game Paige scored both goals, winning the game for Baylor 2-0. Check the Chattanooga Times Free Press in the sports section for more details. I've played with her for many years on different teams and I can say from a first hand account that she is determined and very skilled with a soccer ball.

Edited by Moodycurls87

I like the girls on McMinn even though they did not get out of region. They have the mid=field but lack a good goalie and the defense is not the best in has been in years past. The Forwards have struggled against good teams to score. Sad thing is Kellie Humbert gets healthy and Holly Hicks gets hurt about the same time. Kellie about played good enough at forward to get them threw regional play but lack of time at forward to get use to the postion to be more effective. Plus they had a black hole on one side of front line. A player that only played when it seem she wanted to. There was many that ask why was she on the field. The coaches must have thought maybe she would have a good game. Jessica Denton along with Leah Crafton carried the midfield. Question ? Why did the coached not go with their senior goalie that they had use in all the tough game all season? It is safe to say McMinn had the the back line and gaolie we would talking about McMinn girls in stead of Jessica which McMinn kept controlled except for the last of the game when it counts.

She's a sophmore. Well, I haven't seen Ashley play in a long time but last time I saw her play she could have schooled me without me even knowin it but Ashley has broken some rules of the team, thus the reason she wasn't playing in the Notre Dame game. So where I am coming from is Ashley put her season in jeopardy before a very big game and Paige wouldn't do that. Now, I have no doubt that Ashley as well as the other Baylor players don't give a whole lot of time for the team but as far as the commitment and stuff like that I can look at Paige as a better player. No offense to Ashley, she's very nice and she kicks butt to and her family is very nice.

In all fairness, Ashley didn't break any team rules and is very committed to her team. Baylor judged them without finding out any details. I think the reason they punished them all is because if they had let Ashley or any others that were not guilty off, they would say they were getting preferential treatment.

Even if they come back and admit they were wrong later, it'll be too late, the season will be over and they have already missed their Region final.

Ashley's very strong and competitive and she won't let this affect her or the team for state. They are a great group of girls - on and off the field.

Going back to Paige and Ashley, a lot of people have been comparing them and think Paige is a younger version of Ashley. She's beautiful, hard-working, competetive, skilled and a great player. No-one is harder on these two players than themselves and that's what makes them so good - their desire to win.