Baylor vs. Boyd

TennFootball

i've actually heard from people who GO to baylor of reports of not the school....but alumni who are friends with the family actually giving gifts such as cars and monetary gifts and other outrageous things for kids to play football there or to transfer there for high school. so what if its not the coaches...i know that thats still going on and thats the same as the school paying them in my eyes.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGGSL (and others),

I worded that post poorly and I apologize. What I am driving at here is that it is a lot of pressure for a high-shcool kid to "perform" or play in exchange for a high-dollar education. My daughter (graduate of BBS) dates a McCallie grad and I've known lots of families that represent both Baylor and McCallie in a postive way. The education is top-notch and is the main focus at these schools (as it is in any successful private school.)

IMO it is a tough philisophical argument to link ability in sports, music or academics to the price tag of a private education. Not saying it's wrong, just a tough call that many D-I schools take a different side on.

Baylor played a great game by coming out swinging and making Boyd pay for miscues. It took Boyd a little too long to get cracking on offense, but it's a game that hopefully was benificial to both squads. I was on the field and saw a lot of good sportsmanship- hats off to both teams for that.

If Boyd gets good snaps on the PAT and the end zone punt, we are 7-10 on the last Boyd drive and in "cake" field goal range. Then the game goes into OT! And if a frog had wings...

okay...chattcity...whatever you say... i'm glad to know that you're stalking me. now about these stories, i didnt make it up. i HEARD that there is a freshman offensive lineman at baylor school who is huge. he just transferred from cleveland, and alot of it was influenced by a family friend from baylor who is on the board there. he gets a car when hes 16, they give him spending money, and various other things.

okay...chattcity...whatever you say... i'm glad to know that you're stalking me. now about these stories, i didnt make it up. i HEARD that there is a freshman offensive lineman at baylor school who is huge. he just transferred from cleveland, and alot of it was influenced by a family friend from baylor who is on the board there. he gets a car when hes 16, they give him spending money, and various other things.

All the small private schools deny that they entice players in anyway. That they just happen to apply from here and there. What seems so strange to me is a top quarterback pops up from over there, then several linemen appear from over yonder, then here comes just the right receivers from over that way. Before you know it a top team is formed from all directions and each player seems to fit the puzzle perfectly. Do the privates pray harder than the publics? Is it some kind of spell they broadcast out, or just plain luck? No, it is neither. They can deny all they want, but we all know what it is.

JOCK6996, You are slandering Baylor. You are spreading a hearsay accusation. If you have names, call Ronnie Carter and report the alleged offense. Most of the accusations regarding recruiting violations on this site are nothing more than malicious lies spread by gullible fools who have either an axe to grind or who are too ignorant to know the difference. Which one are you? A much repeated lie doesn't make it the truth.

Okay takedown...i never said it was true. HEARD was the key word when i said. baylor is a good school and i didnt mean to get everyone fired up. i did give a hearsay statement, just saying that no matter what that talk is going to go on, and many people are going to believe that stuff like that actually happens.