Pittsburgh Steelers: Bad Examples For Our Youth

ODB

I caint believe tha newz from ESPN dat star LB Joey Porter was involve in a gang bang shootout Snoop Dogg style ova tha weekend. I thank tha Steelerz are a bad influence on our youth. They nickname "Stealer's" even promotes negativity and thievary.

Holla if ya hear me.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ODB,

You are nuts!!!!! All reports have Porter guilty of simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time! My gosh, who's a bad example to youth, someone who spreads rumors and can't spell! They are the STEELERS in honor of the steel workers of Pittsburgh, not STEALERS! Wake up and get a life! :lol:

Edited by CoachMac65

People need to stop looking at pro athletes as role models. You need to start looking in your own community. There are people around you that are great role models. Yes he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had a friend that was one time as well. He was shot in the foot by another kids gun while walking through the woods. A tree limb hit the trigger. This can happen anywhere.

It is true Porter was in the wrong place.....but is there any right time?? How can a NFL player who is looked upon by the youthful be such a disgrace. Porter was in a club that is known for it's gang related activites. The club has had numerous lawsuits filed against them for murder..rape..drug overdoses...and gambeling. Why would a "good guy" want to hang out in such filth. It just goes to show why Porter...and the rest of the Stealers should be banished from the NFL...

Ill be the first to admit that Professional athletes aren't much to look up to as role models for the most part. There are many exceptions....however all that ever gets reported is when an athlete gets himself into trouble. As has been stated, all reports are that Porter was simply an innocent bystander in the wrong place at the wrong time. Ill be the first to jump on an pro athlete when he does wrong, but that is not the case here.

Edited by Teddavid

I caint believe tha newz from ESPN dat star LB Joey Porter was involve in a gang bang shootout Snoop Dogg style ova tha weekend. I thank tha Steelerz are a bad influence on our youth. They nickname "Stealer's" even promotes negativity and thievary.

Holla if ya hear me.

we speak proper english in here

"holla"

You've got to love the media, always first to point out the bad that so many players do, yet don't point out the heroes of today's sports world. Take players like John Lynch, Tony Gonzalez and Peyton Manning who give their time to charities several times in the year. To say that we shouldn't look up to all athletes for a role model is over-doing it a bit. I always looked up to Boomer Esiason, and I think I've turned out alright. It's too bad guys like him and the others will never be recognize due to the ongoing fight for ratings.

this is the most ludicrous thing i have ever heard. you want to disband an entire nfl team because a player was involved in a gang related shooting? (which, as has been iterated over and over, didn't really "involve" porter.)

well you know what, i heard about this person from kentucky who committed a most horrendous crime, and i have decided that i despise all people from kentucky. the whole state is a bad influence on myself, my family, and the whole nation. i think we should call for their succession from the union immediately...is that not the most assinine thing you've ever heard? the fact that i would dismiss an entire group of people because of one individual is idiotic isn't it? but it's the same logic ODB is using isn't it? only on a larger scale. and it's also the same reasoning behind racism and those who are prejudice.

you don't need a life, dude, you need an education and the ability to rationalize. salty, your post makes no sense either. i wouldn't even call it an justifiable argument. the comparison of the pittsburgh steelers and the clinton rapists is unfounded and illogical, but i would assume that you were just being witty.