Warren County Football

secretagentman

SportsEd, Thanks for clarifying your position. You have disfused much speculation and rumor about an unfortunate issue. As a CAV fan we oppose Warren Cty on the field but we are grieved at the hurt and injury that is ocurring to the young men who really want to better themselves and their school on the football field.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsed I guess those who run the paper know what sells issues even though I dont agree with that decision. I do agree with you with one part of your statement. Why can parents not show any respect and have these talks behind closed doors? Who cares that he is the booster club president. He has no business on the playing at any time unless his son is injured or his son is being recognized on the field. This is the kind of example that these young men will remember down the road. Too bad it was not a good example of how a parent should handle him or herself. To those who say that he is just taking up for his son or just being a concerned parent I say if your son or daughter has the courage it takes to cuss your own coach then he also should have the ability to take the punishment that goes along with showing that courage without dad's backup.

Back in the day when I was a Pioneer, we had a player with a bad attitude get into it with a coach during practice. The guy wasn't running towards the ball during a defensive drill and the coach was in his face for not doing so. The guy cursed the coach and the coach threw the guy about 10ft on the ground. No one questiioned that action. The guy was off the team and we understood why. There was no team meeting, no parent protest, and no threats of civil action. We understood why our coach did what he did and we simply moved on without the player with the bad attitude. I can assure you from that moment on, NO ONE, backtalked the coach.

Guys, this is not worthy of this much publicity. That's why I left out names because everyone involved knows who is who. Bottom line, this kid along with the other seniors who have quit were a detriment to the team in the locker room. So much emphasis is put on the kids' effect on the field that the effect on the locker room is ignored. These seniors have given up on improving football in Warren County. Until this changes they will never get better.

One bright spot, there are large players playing multiple sports helping this team. This is what must happen to improve this situation.

Honest prediction: one to two years and these kids will be in the playoffs. There is a lot of talent at the sophomore and freshman level.

Oh yeah, sorry Hoop20, that you missed me. Are you gonna jump back on my case now?

Edited by rastabob

Who all quit? I didn't know anybody quit because of this? I don't need names I can figure out who did by numbers, if you could give them out that is. That's such a waste to quit your senior year, all those years of practice and games just thrown away. I'm sure when the Pioneers last game is over they will regret quiting for a long time. But they won't know how it feels knowing that you won't ever play another high school game again, I guess they will have to find out when that day comes.

Smith 52, I dont post a lot on here but read often, but I remember that day very well. Im glad Coach did it. It prabably made me just a mad as it did coach. But the kid had no respect, thought he was too cool for everybody else, thought he could get away with whatever he wanted. Glad to see him leave, just like that kid that said "I got planes to fly". Yeah, I know you liked that one. No respect. These kids dont think about it but the coach is there to make them better, learn responsibility, push themselves past what the kids "wants" to do. Teach (yeah I still preach this to the athletes I coach) PRIDE , HUSTLE, DETERMINATION, and that NO ONE PERSON IS GREATER THAN THE TEAM. SO current WC players, get off your butts, quit reading this crap and go work out, read your play book, think about kicking the @#$%&* out of you next opponent, and pay attention, I know this coach, I know where he coached the last several years, I know he is coming from a -WINNING- program. You think he had some kid pop off like that to him there. No I dont think so. This assnt coach is gonna help alot. If he says they are not working hard enough, you better believe it because I know how hard they work at his former school.

Glad to see the local paper take the stance it did today. Should have called name of parent so everyone who doesnt know this parent and that is very few would know him. Respect is something that is tough to earn and even tougher to get back once you lose it. Will see if the parent had any respect to begin with and if it comes back since the parent has lost all credibility with anyone who knows anything about team athletics.