South Fulton Red Devils

DaRock

We have played all best teams in the past. Just because we dont play Huntingdon or some other big name school doesnt mean anything. Maybe some of the teams in our 8a Region need top step up to our level of play. Y dont u just wait till lpayoffs come. We will see who prevales from our untouchable backs and offensive and our scolding defense which no team as scored on this year. We have scored 185 points in four games and are ready to double that in the next 6 games. Lets see if Bruceton or Dresden or any other softy team u say we play can score one td on our a-team defense. Boys when the smoke clears and we stop pitchforking. U will know wut i mean.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in teh game friday night bruceton will score, more than once prbably and i would call this a really close game. i dont know much of s.f. but if you consider wc, greenfield and dresden to be really tough opponents then im not going to give much to that team. i will tell y ou to watch out for west carroll they have stepped up this year and i wouldnt be surprised if they beat bruceton and given the chance could give usj a run for there money.

Well i am not saying that our scedule is the toughest in the state i am jsut saying that we did not pick the teams we play. If peeps want to talk stuff then they better be able to back it up game time cause we have a couple of head hunters out on our team and are not afraid to to hit and love doing it. And if nu think Bruceton is such a team then why havent they won a game yet. i dont think they will do much this year. not even get to the p;layoffs. take a look at usj and bruceton the other night. we saw the film and their corners are garbage we got a couple good receivers who can catch and a qb that is improveing from last year. We got a new de and line coach from westveiw and we are not gonna back down to anyone this season

who picks the teams you play if you dont have a choice? i would think a coach would want to have some good quality teams on the schedule just to see how you measure up. you have 5 games in the season to pick ppl out of your region. why wouldnt you go for quality instead of a win? with teams like taht in your region i would think you would want some challenges to get you ready for the playoffs bc there are no easy teams in the playoffs

Well what i mean is that i dont have anything to do with who we play. and we have 4 out of region games we can play cauase there is 6 in our region. Well first we played Ballard cause we have played thyem in the past and we alway play a good game agianst them. and fulton co. well i dont know why we picked them up this year. and fulton city is our cross town rival and we have played them eever since foot ball was at sf. dresden is the only other out of region team that we are facing and that wil be a good game i am not saying we will blow them out but we have a good chance to win. the reason why we picked up fulton co. is that we dropped Trigg CO. ky cause they are a 4a or someing school and it is pretty far away for just a football game.

Look region 8-A is down this year but year in and year out region 7-A is out classed by region 8-A. This is the facts Bruceton has one state title and they have been to the title game 3 times and have over 30 playoff victories under their belt. Lake County has 2 state titles and they have been to the state title game 5 times and have over 30 playoff victories under their belt. No team in region 7-A has ever won a state title and only one has ever been to the title game. Outside of USJ no other team in that region has ever been past the third round of the playoff's.South Fulton is having a great year. West Carroll, Halls, and Greenfield all have solid teams. Bruceton and Lake County are rebuilding.I thought that schools schedule teams closer to their school size. South Fulton is 1-A they are supposed to play other 1-A schools.I guess 1-A schools are suppose to play Riverdale, Maryville,Milan, Huntington. While we are at it lets throw in Brentwood Academy. Get real.Let South Fulton enjoy their suscess. They deserve it. Who knows they may even beat one of those tough region 7-A teams.

To build on lakecountyfalconfan's post (and I'm still not quite sure who that is, although I have a guess), Lake County is the ONLY team in West Tennessee (other than Milan and outside of Memphis) to have more than one gold football in their trophy case. Union City? None. Westview? None. USJ? None. Dyersburg? None. So just keep that in mind next time you start bashing 1A schools.

One more thing: Until recent years, Dyersburg and Crockett County were the laughingstocks of West Tennessee (most decent 1A teams could have beaten them in the early 90s), but now they are perennial regional champions and state title contenders. As recently as 1995, Lake County played Bruceton for a trip to the Clinic Bowl, and both teams are currently in rebuilding modes. Until the mid-90s, USJ/Old Hickory was a joke. And look how far Union City has fallen! My point is, things go in cycles. LC, UC and Bruceton are down right now, they will eventually be back. SF is having a great year so far; they went 0-10 one year in the mid-90s. Even Dyersburg and Crockett County will have some years where they get hit hard by graduation and will be rebuilding. So let South Fulton enjoy their success, even if they get beaten by a stronger 7-1A team in the second or third round of the playoffs. One day, the tables will be turned, as they have in the past.

Edited by bigwes68

To build on lakecountyfalconfan's post (and I'm still not quite sure who that is, although I have a guess), Lake County is the ONLY team in West Tennessee (other than Milan and outside of Memphis) to have more than one gold football in their trophy case.  Union City?  None.  Westview?  None.  USJ?  None.  Dyersburg?  None.  So just keep that in mind next time you start bashing 1A schools. 

One more thing:  Until recent years, Dyersburg and Crockett County were the laughingstocks of West Tennessee (most decent 1A teams could have beaten them in the early 90s), but now they are perennial regional champions and state title contenders.  As recently as 1995, Lake County played Bruceton for a trip to the Clinic Bowl, and both teams are currently in rebuilding modes.  Until the mid-90s, USJ/Old Hickory was a joke.  And look how far Union City has fallen!  My point is, things go in cycles.  LC, UC and Bruceton are down right now, they will eventually be back.  SF is having a great year so far; they went 0-10 one year in the mid-90s.  Even Dyersburg and Crockett County will have some years where they get hit hard by graduation and will be rebuilding.  So let South Fulton enjoy their success, even if they get beaten by a stronger 7-1A team in the second or third round of the playoffs.  One day, the tables will be turned, as they have in the past.

Good Point bigwes68, at lease sumbody respects us!

Edited by dc38257