South Fulton Red Devils

DaRock

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all starts with Dresden, and all this nonsense ends with Dresden. I don't care how much better South Fulton is than they were in the past, I just don't see them getting past Dresden. They do have a legit chance of winning Region and maybe even making it to the second round of the play-offs, but after that I think it gets pretty dim for the Red Devils. Good luck on the region championship.

Guys lets look at it from this point of view.Now first off I want to say that Dresden is one of the most underrated teams in this area and possibly the state and I really want to see them do well.But I'm an Obion County boy and I want to see them Devils succeed as well.Now when you go from a 3-7 record to a 4-0 start it's a major step forward no matter who you've beaten to get to that mark.Dresden stood up last year and made people take notice and was about 7 points away from going to the playoffs and this year I say you're well on your way.The problem seems to be everybody talks about South Fulton's schedule being weak.I'll be the first to admit if they were a college team they wouldn't get a BCS bowl bid.But regardless of who you play you've got to play as if the team you're playing is 10-0 and give everything you have or you could be an upset victim That's why games aren't played on paper.So far SF has done that and took care of buisness.Now let's look at Dresden's first three games.Gibson County(25 game losing streak),Humboldt(while tough not the same Humboldt teams of the past),and Lighthouse Christian(16 man roster).Now Dresden's schedule is fixing to get a lot harder and we'll get to see what they're made of.My point is while SF's games have been a walk in the park,Dresden hasn't had a killer schedule the first 3 weeks either.Good luck to both teams on this weeks game and when you two hook up on the 26th.

in reply to the person that said that SF's region has had the most playoff success, you forgot to add in the fact that Bruceton wasnt even in the same classification when they won the state chapionship. if im right, i think they were 2a, but i know for sure they werent in your regiopn. up untill 3 years ago they were in JCS's and USJ's region, were they got alot of those playoff wins. Bruceton's sucess wasnt even when they were in your regin except for two years ago.

4-0 to me is a pretty good start. I have followed South Fulton football ever since i was in the 3rd grade and i say this is one of the best starts i have ever seen. this team rite here is small, but has a lot of heart and i think we could play with tha BIG BOYZ(USJ, JCS). this team is well on their way to a region championship but they have a tough 2nd half secdule, dresden, greenfield, west carroll and halls. I say to my boyz, good luck the 2nd half. GO BIG RED!

I think Bruceton was 1A when they won the state, but they were in the region with the 3 Jackson private schools and Perry County until the last reshuffle.

Bruceton won the state in 1989. At that time, the old 3-classification system was still in use, which meant that schools like Trenton, Huntingdon, Dresden, McKenzie, Goodpasture, etc. were in 1A. If you were 1A in basketball, you were 1A in football. I'm not exactly sure who was in that district, but I'm pretty sure it didn't involve any Jackson schools. I know Lake County's district included LC, Trenton, Halls, South Fulton and Greenfield. The district were very similar to what they were in basketball (at least through 1996). Bruceton did not join the region with the Jackson privates until 1997, and after they played USJ in Week 4 for 4 straight years for the regional title, both teams petitioned the TSSAA so Bruceton could be moved back to Region 8-A and not have to play USJ in a regional game every year. From 1993-1996, Bruceton was in the exact same region they are in right now (with the exception that Dresden was in the region and Halls was not). In those four years, Regions 7 and 8 were well-represented as the four 1A representatives in the Clinic Bowl were USJ, Lake County, Bruceton and St. Benedict (they all lost). The advent of Division 2 sent Bruceton and West Carroll to the Jackson region because all the Memphis small schools (St. Benedict, Bishop Byrne, FACS, Catholic, Westside) that were in with USJ and JCS moved to D2 (except Westside, which moved to 2A).

Bruceton won the state in 1989. At that time, the old 3-classification system was still in use, which meant that schools like Trenton, Huntingdon, Dresden, McKenzie, Goodpasture, etc. were in 1A. If you were 1A in basketball, you were 1A in football. I'm not exactly sure who was in that district, but I'm pretty sure it didn't involve any Jackson schools. I know Lake County's district included LC, Trenton, Halls, South Fulton and Greenfield. The district were very similar to what they were in basketball (at least through 1996). Bruceton did not join the region with the Jackson privates until 1997, and after they played USJ in Week 4 for 4 straight years for the regional title, both teams petitioned the TSSAA so Bruceton could be moved back to Region 8-A and not have to play USJ in a regional game every year. From 1993-1996, Bruceton was in the exact same region they are in right now (with the exception that Dresden was in the region and Halls was not). In those four years, Regions 7 and 8 were well-represented as the four 1A representatives in the Clinic Bowl were USJ, Lake County, Bruceton and St. Benedict (they all lost). The advent of Division 2 sent Bruceton and West Carroll to the Jackson region because all the Memphis small schools (St. Benedict, Bishop Byrne, FACS, Catholic, Westside) that were in with USJ and JCS moved to D2 (except Westside, which moved to 2A).

I think they should move USJ and JCS from D1 to D2 cuz thats not fair for those schools to recruit! I believe that if u recruit, U should be D2