Williamson County strong or not?

cowboys

Rebel27, am I missing something or did Chip actually compliment Franklin in an earlier post? The world must be coming to an end! And Lincolnstatman, I'm glad you didn't see the game against Columbia. It was not one of Franklin's shining moments. Fortunately they have the kind of coach that will correct that problem quickly. Look for a better defensive effort this week.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem like Franklin has a lot going for it this year after reading about them on this site...are you sure they have what it takes in their region? Sounds to me like Brentwood is a lot better.

OK, let's see... what does Franklin have going for themselves at this point? Not a defense, I'll say that with little hesitation. Granted, "defense wins championships" but allow me to go off a little about our offense. Matt Solima, QB... rough first start against Lincoln County. Obviously though, it was just first start mistakes. Against Columbia goes 13-19, 313 yards, 0 INTS and 4 TDs. For those of you who like the NFL QB rating, Solima's rating for that night would be around a 150. The highest rating the NFL will give us is 158.something. That's pretty darn good. Expect more of the same from him. Especially since he has several targets to throw to- Ryan Nichols, Kevyn Murray (who has mysteriously not received many balls this year), Joe Bell (the kid can fly), Ryan Rucker, etc etc. Nichols and Bell have also been known to do well on the return aspect of special teams... both returned a kickoff the other night. You know actually, there are plenty of threads where I and others have discussed the things Franklin has going for them. Being a new member with only 10 posts you wouldn't know this. Read some threads about Franklin, you'll see what we going for us. Brentwood's on top until otherwise knocked off, but if the Rebel D improves... well... it's way too early.

Also Rebelgu...err, AllAmerican912, yes, I'm surprised that Chi... err, wildcatfan has said nice things and that he is even pulling for us. A true shocker... ;)

Coaches need to look to other parts of the State for scrimmages to help settle these East vs. West type issues. Franklin use to go to Baylor and work out with teams from other parts of the state. I think that Tenn Tech and MTSU and other colleges from around the state need to open up there campuses to this type of atmosphere. That way we could play aFranklin vs. Maryville game at TN Tech during a week long camp. Problem is that kids have to eat and its amazing how hard it is to get $100 from a parent when you tell them you want to go to camp for a week!

Franklin will beat Brentwood in head to head. I have not read one post that says Franklin is not good. The offense is clicking and Johnson will get that Defense into shape. As for Page no one has ever said that Page is the best in the county and could beat FHS, BHS, BGA, BA. However the BhS and Page game was 6-2 at halftime. However the 4-6 record of Page last year means that Page does have to prove itself to get respect.