Warren County has a cancer

warrenman

Warren County football is a cancer! Just last week ole sportsEd wrote in our local paper about how our middle school has done so good the last few years. Then they go to the high school and they do nothing! It is a cancer, cancer I tell you! We have a fine coach in Coach Tidwell but has already contacted the WC cancer. He was a winner before he got here. A man in control and now look, helmets are a flying and coaches are getting poked on and boys are a quitting. What next? Let's go back one coach. Coach Woods he had the WC cancer. He could do nothing right. He was a good guy and a good coach but he had the cancer. Coach Woods leaves and his first year at his new school he takes them to the playoffs. Lets go all the way back to coach Paaz. One of Warren County's best coaches. We called him back to help out last year when we had some trouble but he had the WC cancer too. We got to get it, the cancer is growing. How do we make it stop? Do we kill football? The way it sounds the boys are all going to quit. Looks like they will make the decision for you. Which brings up another point. I can see why we lose football games like we do, because the boys have no heart to play and do not want to be apart of something that means something and they don't want to work for it. So they quit! That really shows what they are made of. Kill the cancer and set us free!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son, I hate to tell you this, your cancer is spreading. We thought we would get it in remition by starting the year with some class 3 and class 4 drugs but that didn't help. Your white blood cell count hasn't scored above 7 points. So Sept. 12 we're sending you to White Co. hospital for a series of chemo treatments. It may be a no win situation there also. We'll ease the pain as much as we can but it may be too late. Sincerely Yours, Dr. OanTen

Son, I hate to tell you this, your cancer is spreading. We thought we would get it in remition by starting the year with some class 3 and class 4 drugs but that didn't help. Your white blood cell count hasn't scored above 7 points. So Sept. 12 we're sending you to White Co. hospital for a series of chemo treatments. It may be a no win situation there also. We'll ease the pain as much as we can but it may be too late. Sincerely Yours, Dr. OanTen

LOL....funny post

Who was the runningback from Warren County several years ago that was really good?

Also...what towns/cities are in Warren County?

Are any of Warren County's football players the sons of prominent citizens in McMinnville/Warren County?? The cancer may lie in the politics of Warren County's football team in submission to the politics of the school board and the city. That is, the people who give the most money to the city and school get to see their kid play--even if they don't deserve to play.

I'm afraid neighboring Manchester/Coffee County may have had those problems. I can't prove it, but it does seem likely. I know we've had many teams where the best players didn't get to play but I sure did recognize alot of those football guys that did play--kids of prominent citizens in our county who put up alot of money to the schools and city. Coincidence?? No. Especially if your headcoach falls into the submission of the school board.

And everybody wonders why Ron Crawford could never get a winning season at Coffee County?? And now that he's the headcoach of Brentwood where politics takes a back seat to the football team, he delivered that city a state title for it's local football team this past season.

I am unconvinced that Manchester politics didn't dictate the success of our high school's football program. Jeff Breeden liked being a headcoach. He left the school after being there for so long because he was asked to resign.

Jeff Breeden really bought into that bullcrap between the football team and the city and I'm glad he's gone because CHS really needs a coach that is going to fight back against the city. CHS really needs a coach that plays the best players even the ones that come from families of the middle class. The past has hurt the morale of the school severely and the morale of the community. Bill Price won't do it!! I can tell from the gleam in his eyes. He is not the kind of coach to fall for this same crap.

Warrenman, I bet if you do some research, you might find the same thing may be going on in McMinnville and has been going on for years.

Yeah, the pioneers haven't had a stud at running back since Womack. He holds a few records and in top 5 for most of running back records in Tenn. Holds record for 18 straight games with 100 or more yds rushing. UT wanted him bad but decided to go to Memphis, stud there too. I also think he had a couple years stent in the pros.

How can the players have the heart and desire to win at the middle school level and lose it when they get to high school. Maybe when they get the seniors and juniors that have never won in thier football career gone, they will get rid of the cancer and the soph. and freshmen can show that they know how to win. Sounds like the coaches at the middle school have taught them how to win.

The high school has a lot of turnover for coaches, but what about the middle school. Do they have a lot of turnover or do they have some stability. Just a thought of what might cause the cancer. :)

Edited by theraiderman