Jefferson County @ Morristown West

mrtruth

All the talk in the east part of the state is that Jefferson Co. is on their way to state and will roll over their rival Morristown West with no problem. I talk to several of the Jeff teachers and they say that Meadows guarantees a big win over West. He was quoted in saying that their speed will win the game, also that his two all state backs Scooter and Jennings will have their way with the West D, and that his O line was quicker and will open holes all night. He was also quoted in saying that they didn't play as good against Campbell County as he wished because his team was looking ahead to beating the Trojans. Several of the players has said that they will shut out West and that they have no O at all.

The only thing I hear out of the West camp is that Jeff has all the tools and that it will be a dog fight. Woods may be in trouble. Mo-town East seems to be kicking butt behind new coach Smith and a lot of people are saying that Mo-town West may end up 1 and 5 after their first six games?

What is the word in the five rivers cof?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word this, word that..the fact still remains that both Jefferson County and Morristown East have not played anyone worth a dime. Morristown West played a top-five team in Cleveland.

So, for those jumping off the West bandwagon, jump back on...Don D. Woods will adjust to the offensive woes.

West's squad may not have the offense this season, but West does have one thing... The Don D. Woods factor. Enough said.

"Offensive Wins Games, but Defense Wins Championships..And my friend, Morristown West has the defense" - Vince Lombardi da remix featuring Kaleb and da crew

Morristown West 21, Jefferson County 20.

Morristown West 28, Morristown East 20

Well I had my heart broken being a Jeff CO fan the last four years by West. This is about the biggest rivalry game we have because the schools are close and alot of people know each other. I think this is the year though, JC is focused now and i think they will finally pull it out. East is much improved over last year but I still dont know if they can hang.

Who are you teachers you talked to Mrtruth? Just curious cause I graduated last year from JCHS.

And artie you know Goforth? I aint known him too long but I watched the UT game with him last week we know alot of the same people.

This is the UT/Florida game of High School Football in Dandridge. DB/Jeff is the UT/Miami game of High School Football in Dandridge.

I am on the Don Woods bandwagon, as well. The man just posted his 200th win, he's been around the block a time or two, mo west will be ready to play. The offense looked much better against Cocke County and the defense is always ready. I will be pulling for west as always.

Hey SkinnyC-Don't want to say who the teachers are because I don't want to get them on anyones list, I go to church with two of them and they are good people, they really like Meadows and say he is a real stand up guy. I have only met him once and I would let my kid play for him. But a lot of people in Jeff say West just isn't the same team they have been and that the Patriots have everything and they will roll. I have also heard that they have no respect for West D, the talk is that Houston and Jennings will run wild, these are the thing that where said today.

Even the Tribune which is out of Morristown seems to want to go ahead and give Jeff the win.

Not so fast my friend.

The Tribune may have Jefferson County winning, but I just left the Tribune and I know more about Morristown West than all four Tribune sports writers put together and this game will end up in the loss column for tha Pats.

Sorry, boys, you have a good team and you might win 5A, but being the best in 5A doesn't mean much these days.

Morristown West 28 Jeff Co. 14

Thats straight Truth I understand. I have yet to here from a player that doesnt like Meadows. He was a welcome change to a program that was growin stagnent. Woods is also a great coach. I go to church with guys that played under him and they had nothing but good things to say about him as a coach.

I think the game is going to be a shootout more highscoring than what everybody thinks.

JC-41

MW-28

Not so fast my friend.

The Tribune may have Jefferson County winning, but I just left the Tribune and I know more about Morristown West than all four Tribune sports writers put together and this game will end up in the loss column for tha Pats.

Sorry, boys, you have a good team and you might win 5A, but being the best in 5A doesn't mean much these days.

Do you think that the Tribune is bias toward West? They always seem to have more headlines about Jeff, East and even Rutledge. They really don't seem to like Woods and company very much.

Not so fast my friend.

friend, you've been drinking too much wine. there is no way that west will score 28 with that raggy offense they have, period. if jeff scores 14, they win 14-7. the only way west can win is 7-0. now, i'm not saying that will not happen, it's just unlikely.

Edited by JPATS5

I think that West gets more front page pictures/articles in the Tribune, I have know people that work there and if anything they are more West kinda folks. It seemed to me last year that Drew Southerland and company were more prominent on the pages than anybody.

And hey Lee Corso Jr. your name looks like you work for the Tribune anyway.

Edited by SkinnyC