Jefferson County @ Morristown West

mrtruth

Jeff is much improved and will go deep in the playoffs, however M'town west will go deeper. The have what it takes will get the offense in gear again this week. Last week they improved. I have seen this team play and they do have one of the best defensive teams around period. Watch and see if Woods and Thompson don't have this team ready. Two of the best around when it comes to coaching. Look at their record when it comes to stopping the w-tee. Pretty impressive. Even in Alabama they were very successful. Jeff will have to dig in the playbook for more than 14 points, that won't win this game.

Can't wait for these two to get it on.

Edited by 1uk1vol

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is for sure a big game and one many need to see. I do think Senior leadership for Morr west will be a big key, trouble is this corp has never won the big game the past two years and this is a big game. The thought Morr West has arrived on Defence is a myth at this point. Meadows in his second year will take this team deep into the playoffs and will beat Morr West this year with Houston and Jennings running power football. I expect Clement will be able to throw behind a big line of junior's and seniors on West.

M-town West is 24 and 4 with six straight conf. champ. and the past two years made it to the semi. only to be beat by 3 year state champ Maryville, sounds like they have won some big games to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that is who you are playing friday night. It doesn't matter what the conference is like, just that west can bring it to the table. Jeff better be ready for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that is who you are playing friday night. It doesn't matter what the conference is like, just that west can bring it to the table. Jeff better be ready for them.

uh, you all better ready for maryville. they made you all look so weak last year in both games. even if jeff beats you, it wont be by much. anyways, do you want to get beat again by 42. say what you will, but NO GOOD TEAM SHOULD EVER GET BEAT THAT BAD. so what is your excuse? you can't find one, period.

I never heard anyone from West make an excuse for losing either Maryville game last year. They just whipped us plain and simple.

However, we are proud of a 12-2 season and a state semi-final appearance. However that was the past, what happens the rest of this year remains to be seen.

Edited by transplant

JPATS,

If no good team gets beat by a lot of points, then explain the 35-7 pounding West put on Jefferson County last year!

Since Don Woods took over at West, they have only lost once to Jefferson County, and that was his first season. Jefferson County has only put 20 points on the board against the Trojans in the last four meetings, including two goose eggs (28-0, 24-0, 27-13, 35-7).

Edited by bigdaddy69

To all who doubt the dominance of West High over Jefferson County:

Please show up, 7:30, Burke-Toney, and watch the game. Observe what transpires. Please bear it in mind next year when this game is played again, and speak with humility and a lot more respect to the Trojans.