MBA @ BGA

BigOrange 3

Robjim, thanks for calling me out. Honestly, I didn't join before because I rarely posted (I believe this makes 40 in nearly 2 years), but now that my rantings and ravings are more frequent, it's probably well worth the investment!

As for the game, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it plays out. I expect a comfortable MBA win, but that's what I was thinking heading into last year's matchup as well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna Lee Corso myself into the corner by saying that 2003 is the year of the Wildcat. BGA by a Field Goal. But thats just my most humble opinion.

And I can only assume what that toad in the paper has said about the game. Anyone for Froglegs?

You can bet the farm on that!

But, alas, Commish and myself will have a blast calling one of the biggest games the city of Franklin has ever seen. Forget Franklin/Brentwood. This is D-II Ball at its BEST!

I am gonna Lee Corso myself into the corner by saying that 2003 is the year of the Wildcat.  BGA by a Field Goal.  But thats just my most humble opinion.

And I can only assume what that toad in the paper has said about the game.  Anyone for Froglegs?

You can bet the farm on that!

But, alas, Commish and myself will have a blast calling one of the biggest games the city of Franklin has ever seen.  Forget Franklin/Brentwood.  This is D-II Ball at its BEST!

I want to agree with you Lee...er wildcat, but it is awful hard to sneak up on them a second time. Good luck to the cats. Break a leg, wildcat. :o

Edited by robjim

Forget Franklin/Brentwood.

That is CRAZY! That is absolutely crazy! BGA/MBA comes not even close to the importance of a Franklin/Brentwood matchup... doesn't even match Franklin/Centennial. The biggest game the city of Franklin has ever seen (unless you're saying actually played in Franklin) is Brentwood/Franklin quarterfinal game last year. If you're saying actually played in Franklin, pick a CHS/FHS game.

My sentiments exactly Rebel... MBA/BGA is a great matchup, but locally it doesn't carry the weight of a Franklin/Centennial or Franklin/Brentwood... or even Page/Centennial for that matter... how soon we all forget that in the grand scheme of things this game means absolutely zero... it's only for bragging rights... now give me Franklin/Brentwood with the region title on the line and that's exciting...

Why do alot of people say that BGA will cause MBA trouble? There was an article in the paper today about how BGA will hang with MBA because of what they did last year. Does last year have anything to do with this year? I think that if MBA comes to play, which they will, then there should be no problem with BGA, but thats just my opinion.....and BGA is not harder hitters or tougher or whatever else some of you wildcat fans think. They hit Trinity in the mouth and Southaven in the mouth. This is the most physical team that MBA has had in years....opinions?

BGA always play MBA tough generally. I know 2001 was an exception (38-0 MBA), and there are some other exceptions over the years, but let's not forget that BGA leads the series 15-13 (series dates back to the early 1900s).

MBA is better on paper, but they need to come out hungry. If MBA's rushing defense plays better than last year against BGA, and plays as good as it has this year (I think they are giving up 1.5 yards per rush), then they have a strong chance to win. They need to jump on them early, because BGA has an impressive offensive backfield.

I heard Trinity is 0-3...and MBA did'nt blow out Lavergne....did they play their 2nd graders? I've seen MBA for the last 5 years...and they are fantastic...but on the high school level...I'll take a good running game to "perhaps" keep things close versus a great passing game...we'll see...it's not like I could'nt see MBA 50 points up....but i'm cheering for the Wildcats to stay close or win.