Landslide Kingsport

WillieTheWildcat

I've gathered all the polls and rankings made public so far this week and all SEVEN unanimously pick the home team Kingsport Dobyns Bennet to defeat the Oak Ridge Wildcats.

Here is a quick review:

1. Donovan Stewart's Power Poll:

Kingsport is ranked # 4 in the state of Tennessee regardless of classification and #

2 in Class 5A. Oak Ridge is unranked in the poll of all the teams and # 4 in Class 5A.

2. Currently, 55% of the contestants in the Big Ones contest are picking DB over Oak Ridge.

3. The Massey Ratings predict:

at Dobyns-Bennett (3-0) [ 55 20.25]

Oak Ridge (2-0) [ 18.65]

4. The AP Class 5A Poll

# 3 Dobyns-Bennett

# 5 Oak Ridge

5. Earl Nall's Prep Performance Rating has DB ranked # 3 and Oak Ridge # 7.

6. Sonny Moore's Tennessee High School Football has DB ranked # 8 and OR ranked # 12.

7. On Sunday,CoachT.com's Top 20 Fan's Poll had DB ranked # 3 and OR # 8.

~~Let's go Oak Ridge and pull the upset. Get a win Hixson. GO WILDCATS!

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gathered all the polls and rankings made public so far this week and all SEVEN unanimously pick the home team Kingsport Dobyns Bennet to defeat the Oak Ridge Wildcats.

Here is a quick review:

1. Donovan Stewart's Power Poll:

Kingsport is ranked # 4 in the state of Tennessee regardless of classification and #

2 in Class 5A. Oak Ridge is unranked in the poll of all the teams and # 4 in Class 5A.

2. Currently, 55% of the contestants in the Big Ones contest are picking DB over Oak Ridge.

3. The Massey Ratings predict:

at Dobyns-Bennett (3-0) [ 55 20.25]

Oak Ridge (2-0) [ 18.65]

4. The AP Class 5A Poll

# 3 Dobyns-Bennett

# 5 Oak Ridge

5. Earl Nall's Prep Performance Rating has DB ranked # 3 and Oak Ridge # 7.

6. Sonny Moore's Tennessee High School Football has DB ranked # 8 and OR ranked # 12.

7. On Sunday,CoachT.com's Top 20 Fan's Poll had DB ranked # 3 and OR # 8.

~~Let's go Oak Ridge and pull the upset. Get a win Hixson. GO WILDCATS!

hey, why are you placing so much value into polls? games are won on the field, not on paper. stick to things that are much more useful, like work ethic, attitudes, offseason physical progress, practices this week, talent coming back from last year, etc... all those polls you mentioned are mostly based on tradition. they wouldn't care if DB had no players returning or of what caliber of talent they are. DB has beaten 2 very weak teams thus far and looked horrible in scrimmages against quality opponents. anyways, oak ridge will maul DB friday night (34-14); you can count on it. until recently, i thought jeff co would be the team to make it to the semi's, but now i'm predicting it will be oak ridge with no serious challenge from any team from region 1 or 2.

Oh come on Willie, I just looked at all those polls you put up as examples and I don't see anywhere It says DB will beat Oak Ridge. You know your just trying to fire up the Wildcats. You and I or anybody that can spell could put up a poll and it would mean as much as these guys polls do. If I had to pick, I would pick Oak Ridge to win this game. After their hartbreaking loss in the playoffs last year, they will be hungrer than DB. The Indians after improving in game two, took a giant step backwards aginst Bearden. DB is still a little young at the skill positions, and are not as good right now as they will be at the end of the season. Oak Ridge has 30 seniors on this team so their ready now if you know what I mean. If your gonna' pin a loss on DB you better do it now.

You Can't Fool WaCo :D

No Jpats5, you said what you said, and you better stand by it or be prepared to get mauled because you can't stand by your pick of Jeff County to go 15 - 0 and be the state champs. Does anyone else remember him saying this? See, we always knew you were full of it. Just like your Oakland, and Morristown West predictions. Your predictions stink. You are backing out and picking Oak Ridge over Jeff County. Two words..............Fair weather

Famous Jpats5, quote"Oh, well when they were freshmen..........."

Edited by bud

No Jpats5, you said what you said, and you better stand by it or be prepared to get mauled because you can't stand by your pick of Jeff County to go 15 - 0 and be the state champs. Does anyone else remember him saying this? See, we always knew you were full of it. Just like your Oakland, and Morristown West predictions. Your predictions stink. You are backing out and picking Oak Ridge over Jeff County. Two words..............Fair weather

Famous Jpats5, quote"Oh, well when we they were freshman..........."

look, nobody is going to maul me over some football prediction; you grow up! anyways, after jeff's game friday night and their two practices this week, it is clear that they are quickly losing motivation. it looks as if they have reached their peak and are going backwards. anyways, i have the right to change my mind after seeing what i've seen. i hate DB with a passion, an intense passion, but they always get better as the season goes along. why? they have a great coach. anyways, DB will whip jeff badly.

games are won on the field, not on paper. stick to things that are much more useful, like work ethic, attitudes, offseason physical progress, practices this week, talent coming back from last year, etc...

Oddly enough, I agree with what JPATS5 is saying.

Throw the polls out the window for this one. It will be one and lost on the field of honor.

JPATS5, why are you down on your team? They Patriots that I saw last year in the playoffs at Kingsport would smash this OR team.

Remember, OR hasn't beaten anyone either. Bearden is a much improved team, and they are better than either of the teams the OR has played thusfar. Of course, OR beat Bearden to death in a scrimmage.

Time will tell.

ROLL TRIBE!

Jpats5 what is wrong with you? Come on, why are you losing so much faith in the Patriots? Fill us in a little. I mean we heard your preachin about Jeff County for awhile. So now you say DB will win. If Jeff County wins you can't say I told you so. The day of the game promise us you will give us a clear winner that you will satnd by, win or lose.

Edited by bud

Jpats5 what is wrong with you? Come on, why are you losing so much faith in the Patriots? Fill us in a little. I mean we heard your preachin about Jeff County for awhile.

well, for one they had no consistent drives against campbell co. all of their tds came from big plays or they were set up by big plays. they had no turnovers and didn't punt but still only managed 5 tds. they have looked horrible in practice this week. i don't understand who they think are. they are getting ready to face two well coached teams in the next two weeks and are yet complacent. i still say they are a much more talented team than west or DB. however, after they get beat badly by west this week look for DB to put the nail in the coffin. maybe then they will wake up.

Jpats5 what is wrong with you? Come on, why are you losing so much faith in the Patriots? Fill us in a little. I mean we heard your preachin about Jeff County for awhile. So now you say DB will win. If Jeff County wins you can't say I told you so. The day of the game promise us you will give us a clear winner that you will satnd by, win or lose.

but what can you expect from 16-18 yr olds that don't have strong structure?