? for starsnbars

JPATS5

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suz, I'm still here. When you ain't on here, I don't like it as much.

JPATS5 talks about wine; well let me say Suz's mammy's homemade Elderburry is good with saltines. But Muskydine is my favorite with some of them big round fancy crackers. And they ain't too bad with a ritz. But that pure old corn "wine" is purty hard to beat.

Suz I was talkin' to someone the other day and they said they knew you and that Dobie (former MHS assistant and later Heritage coach Jack Renfro's game time body guard) was the apple of your eye. Can you expound on this subject and let all us men-folk know exactly where we are in your peckin' order (no pun intended). Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hey boyz!

Starz, you are so clever! I said something earlier and robjim pulled it off of here. It was a compliment to Clemsondad. RobJim took the liberty of editing it for me. Funny thing was...I didn't think I misspelled anything.

Anyway, Dobie is a sticky subject for me. I really, really, liked him! He was kinda like William Blount's Jimmy and C.J. and Maryville's Judkins and Alcoa's Steve Hodges and Darius Mikles.

You knew they probably didn't belong on the sidelines but that is where in reality they actually do belong.

But here is the story on Dobie, my brother played for him at Porter. He was one heckuva good guy and was nice to us girls too!

I will tell you one other person that reminds me of, his wife Ms. Nelson! What a fine lady. She is one that I aspire to be like.

While I am bragging on ladies, since you mentioned Coach Renfro, his wife Delores is one of the finest people I ever met. She taught me "how to walk, and talk and act like a natural lady!"

When the times were tough at HHS, after the Walland state championships, she endured a lot of criticism towards her husband. She always handled it with style and grace!

Sorry for the long posts...more to follow!

Love you boyz!

:o

Used to play golf with Dobie. He never met a shot that he didn't think he could use his putter on. I've seen him putt off the tee on the old #3 hole at Wallace Hills and end up on the green. He was amazing that way. His girl, Penny Ann, could have been one of the greatest women golfers ever in Blount County if she had stuck too it.

Suuuuuze, thanks for not including me in with C.J., Jimmy, Jud, Hodges, and Mikles. I'm not sure I'm worthy of that kind of company.

Clemson Dad, calling on your expertise in the supplement field, do you think it would be alright for me to use chicken manure for chapped lips? My dad once recommended it too me. He said it really wouldn't cure the chapping, but you sure wouldn't want to lick your lips much !!

Looking forward to a great weekend of Blount County football. I hope all four teams play well enough to walk off the field with their heads held high. I hope no one suffers any serious injuries. I hope that Maryville, Alcoa, Heritage, and William Blount make it to the play-offs this year and do well. And go Cherokees ... Greenback, that is.

Oh, most certainly, my very tall friend. Brown paper and vinegar for an ankle sprain is another one that works well. Or spraying WD-40 on an arthritic joint. Or for migraines three sniff's from a coon's.......

...never mind.

And about tonight's games: I couldn't agree more.

As for all these naysayers: Let's build a wall on the shores of Lake Loudon, the Appalachian Trail, and somewhere just the other side of Seymour. Just so everyone knows where I stand, I'm for Clemson and everybody from Blount, Sevier, and Loudon counties.

And NIN, we're obviously acquainted and I hope we're friends, but don't be so negative. Be like me and love everyone (except UT and Knox Central). BillyGoat: you are obviously from AHS, so you could use some of that Blount County love too.

I'll never forget the day that my son showed up at the MHS basketball camp (he was about 12) with an Alcoa cap on and Heritage shorts with a William Blount shirt. He was taught to love everyone and though he wanted to put some serious hurtin' on Mike Fickert one night in '98, they were friends before and they were friends after.

Keep writing Susie.

There is some evidence that some supplements and definitely steroids can increase the likelihood of soft tissue damage (tendons, ligaments, cartilage).

and what the heck is JohnPaul doing on here and tell me, JP, what YOUR credentials are. I bet I can top them!

my credentials? ha ha

you blunt folks are crazy, you better put them boys on roids before fountain city lays the smack down up on you. :D

JPATS I cannot believe that you talk so much about football and then accuse a high school football team of being lucky or on some type of supplement. For the past three years prior to this one our best offensive lineman was probably john raultson. He weighed about 190-195 pounds. He overpowered no one but beat people with technique. These kids live in the weight room every summer and many of them are not huge but as strong as they can possibly be. We have won three in a row. Cleveland won three in a row. I don't think they were on steroids. They had something even better. Benny Monroe and his staff. We have Coach Quarles and his staff. John Wooden won like eleven in a row at UCLA. Think Alcindor and Walton were on steroids? I don't. Think they were lucky? I don't. And check the Bible for what is said about idle gossip and rumors. I am pretty sure it is in there somewhere.

Hey boyz!

You know there is a lot of Bible talk coming from some of the red and black faithful. I don't have a real problem with anyone on these boards, for the most part I consider the majority of things said as...tongue in cheek.

However, a couple of people have slammed a couple of people on here whom I have a great deal of respect for.

Anyway, enough of this sermon...I just want everyone to have fun and get along. As the Beatles said, "All you need is love!" and I sure have plenty of it to give.

MHS, just out of curiosity what church do you go to? I have noticed that of all the Maryville faithful, of which I am one...that you by far are the most self righteous!

Don't get wrapped around the axle so much!

These folks like me are just trying to get you riled up a little bit, and from what I am seeing you take the bait pretty regular.

Most of the other true rebel fans, let it roll off like water off a ducks back. However, you sir, defend your team with the Bible? I am just not understanding that.

I don't mean you any harm personally, but the real problem I do have with Maryville fans is that some of the...(only some fellas) think they are better than other folks. Hope I am not hitting a nerve here, but if the shoe fits...

Please don't think I am being anti-religion, because I can assure you I am not. I just feel you are being condescending to some of the posters and that is probably the biggest gripe any non-Maryville fan has against the red and black faithful.

Take the criticism they dish out as flattery, because most of them are jealous, they would love to have the 28 wins in a row (29 tonight) and 3 state championships.

Sorry for the long posts again...

Love you boyz!

:D

Edited by robjim

mhs hits the nail on the head.

John Raulston and Chris Large were 200lbs at the most. Brandon Waters was 250lbs and Isaac Cline and Drew Eubanks were around the 225-230lbs range. Waters was the only one who could bench over 300lbs last year. Last years line beat you with tecqnique. The 98 MHS line overpowered people.

Susie I am a Baptist and i do go here locally and let's just leave it at that. I did not realize that going to church made you self righteous. JPATS was the one quoting the bible so much and I was merely trying to point out that he only seems to use the passages that suit him at the time. It is funny that in my attempt to defend teen age boys for being successful in football to someone who has accused them or implied at the very least rumors of steroid use that i am the one you claim to be self righteous. Just because you get on here with gibberish all the time implying you have dated every male species in the 865 area code at one time does not make everyone else self righteous. And for all i know your real name is Fred or Bill. I could really care less. It is just that everyone else has not taken making an idiot of themselves to such an art form. You just got an amen from BillMorgan. Geez that ought to tell you something.

Edited by mhs