Gallatin/Smyrna results

GWAVE1

That was probably the wildest game that I have ever seen.

Smyrna got up 14-3 only to see Gallatin take a 17-14 lead at the half.

First play of second half saw Johnson for Smyrna go 70 yards for a TD.

Gallatin answers for a 24-21 lead.

Gallatin then intercepts a Wolke pass for a TD.

Gallatin, after stopping Smyrna, gets the ball on the 1 yard line after a short run by Link , he then goes 97 yards for a TD.

Gallatin up 38-21 in the third.

Smyrna drives down for a TD.

Gallatin gets the ball and after a huge run by Harris, fumbles to give the ball back to Smyrna with a little over 5 minutes remaining.

Smyrna scores 38-35.

With only 2 minutes remaining Smyrna recovers the on side kick after it bounces off a Gallatin up man.

Smyrna, after an interception is dropped by a Gallatin linebacker, goes for it on 4th and 14 or 15.

Smyrna makes the grab at the 4 yard line with only a minute and a half remaining.

They run Shannon up the middle for 2

Then Johnson runs into a Gallatin defender at the goalline and fumbles the ball to Gallatin with a little over aminute remaining.

Gallatin with the ball on the 1 foot line cannot down the ball and has to run 3 plays to end the ballgame.

Smyrna was a good ball team that never gave up. I thought that they were down and out after the 38-21 margin. They showed a lot of guts coming back like that.

Slim, they took your advice and Shannon ran all over us in the beginning. He's aload to bring down. One key thing, if you pressure Wolke, he gets ancy. If you let him sit back in the pocket he'll pick you apart.

Great game and win for Gallatin. Time to rest and heal up. My heart can't take that every game!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have mixed feelings leaving the game.

A 17 point lead after three quarters should have held up, but it didn't. I'm disappointed by that. Gallatin was about to ice the game with 5:30 left but a fumble at the SHS 18 gave the Bulldogs life and they almost stole the game. Gallatin is very lucky to come out with a win. The Bulldogs should be proud of the way they hung in there. Great job.

Overall it was the Jamison Link show once again. 20 carries for 221 yards, 3 TDs. Also a INT returned for a TD. The highlight was definetly the 97 yarder. WOW! And it wasn't even the kind of play that should go for ten yards, it was a simple QB sneak and Smyrna just let him run right up the middle the whole distance. No one has kept him in check yet, and with the other runners really starting to come through (minus the FUMBLES :rolleyes: ), it makes it awfully hard for the opposing teams' defense.

Wolke looked good as expected and the Shannon kid was impressive also. Smyrna may yet come out with a region title. I don't see any of the other region 4-5A teams beating them, and Riverdale could still get upset by Oakland or Blackman. So you all don't overlook Smyrna, they are the real deal!

The 97 yarder was the longest I have ever seen for Gallatin be it run or pass. I wonder if it was a record. Lewis 's run back in 87' was around 87 yards and that one tonight was definitely longer.

Yeah you would think that they should have expected the Link keeper especially in that situation. Going to the prevent almost hurt us. When we pressured Wolke he had problems. Also how many tackles by our own players did we have? The backs ran all over their blockers quite a bit tonight.

The way I see it Gallatin got very lucky. However how many things went against Gallatin in the end. Fumble while fighting for extra yardage, dropped interceptions 3 or 4, muffed onsides kick, playing a prevent zone for 2 huge gains by the opponents, just a lot of strange stuff. Smyrna was tough and good but it could have been in the fifties if some things went right for Gallatin. So I know what you mean.

Well, now we have to see how the team responds to the OPEN date. They still have to improve on defense, and they have to find a way to keep the momentum they have built offensively. I totally agree that GHS was on their way to another 50 on the scoreboard when we came down with fumble-itis. Oh well, the future is all we have anyway.

Only once or twice. He was under intense pressure when he threw the INT. That was as dumb a pass as I have ever seen. Two defenders trying to take him down inside their own 10 yard line and he throws the ball up in the air. Link couldn't have picked up the football off of a table any easier! But the kid made up for it in the come-back attempt.

Guest region4fan

He does get rattled pretty easily. I am glad he made up for it though. So you are open next week??? It sure didn't seem to hurt Lincoln County to have been open last week. Maybe it will work for you too. Good luck, and Congrats on your big wim.