What town has the most home cookin?

Superman2362

Meigs, and not just in football...baseball, basketball and even middle school softball. 3 of the 4 most one-side called football games I've ever seen were there-the other was at East Ridge last year. The most one-sided called girls basketball game I ever saw in person was there, and it didn't even involve the team I follow-it was Baylor vs Meigs around 1994. Baseball and softball umps will probably always be inconsistent since it's just their judgement on strikes and balls, but one region baseball game was just terrible. The softball isn't as one-sided as in Chattanooga, so that's one thing that's not so bad. And all these things have nothing to do with the school, just refs and umps who give too much to the teams they're familiar with.

Edited by Indian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain myself in more detail. Lewis County has these big air horns hooked up to the press box that they blow like some trucker crashing the gate doing ninety-eight! The Jackets would have givne them all they could have handled there two years ago but everytime we would try and run a play, they would souse down on them Hercules Horns, disrupting the entire offense and injuring several of our fans who were wearing hearing aids. I was sampling the brand new "Whisper 2000 Hearing Device of the New Millenium" on that night and wound up blowing out three speakers and four batteries. I am considering a class action lawsuit. If your eardrums have been shattered at a Lewis County game, contact me via private message on Coach T Plus and we'' talk about this lawsuit.....

There is never any end to their nefarious chicanery!

yall have no room to talk. I can remember playing in Sequatchie, and nothing gets called to hirt yall. Also I played in a game where our star tailback was kicked out for pushing a kid off of him, so the kid would stop trying to break his ankle. You guys must of thought it would help, but it didn't. We just went to our other star tailback, fullback, and quarterback. This was in 95. Also the call was overturned by the state. They said that it was one of the worst calls they had ever seen.

Edited by jwinston

You need to watch the Polk game from last year and the Marion game from 2000, both in Dunlap. Huge calls went against Sequatchie. Polk used a hook and ladder play, catch and pitch back to gain 30 or 40 yards down to the 10 or so just before the half. The only problem was the receiver was on the ground when he pitched back and the play gained 20 more yards. Polk made a short field goal and took the lead right before the half, went on to win by 7. Sequatchie's arguable best player last year was hurt on the field goal too, that was just unlucky but it might not have happened had Polk's receiver been ruled down before pitching back. Against Marion at the end of the game Sequatchie tried a short field goal at an angle, everybody in the stadium knew it was good, even the Marion players collapsed on the field and a couple of the Marion coaches took off their headsets and started to come on the field. One of the sportscasts that night showed it and it was clearly good. The ref called it no good and Marion won in overtime (game was 14-14 at the time). The play from 1995 was against Meigs' Tyrone Jenkins and if I remember right he took a swing and connected. That will get a player tossed no matter what. Anything can happen in a pile you should no that..if a player was trying to hurt him it was wrong but he should have been more disciplined. I don't remember 1 game since the coach has been here that Sequatchie has had more penalty yards than the opponent, that's just from memory but still. There were 2 games last year where Seq didn't have any penalty yards at all and pretty sure both were on the road. I think they had 20 yards at Grundy and Grundy had about 125, it's not unusual for nothing to get called on them home or away.

Edited by Indian