Dobyns Bennett vs Jeff Co

CoachT

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking the tssaa will reverse the suspension, if it was just a push at least one of the refs had to see it. I think that next game suspension is dumb anyway. The refs never see what causes a guy to throw a punch or shove someone.

Last yr. DB was playing Greenville when Jacob McMillan came into the game in the second qtr. Jacob had missed three games with a twisted ankle and it was his first time back on the field. He took over the game as Greenville couldn't stop him. Then after a tackle on the 4 yrd. line a Greenville player grabbed and tried to twist his ankle, trying to put him out of the game. Jacob lost it and punched the guy. Well I know its a rule but the guy deserved it. Jacob was 1st. team all-state last year and easly DB's best player. The game he was suspended from was against Jefferson Co. Is that weird or what.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Im thinking the tssaa will reverse the suspension, if it was just a push at least one of the refs had to see it. I think that next game suspension is dumb anyway. The refs never see what causes a guy to throw a punch or shove someone.

Last yr. DB was playing Greenville when Jacob McMillan came into the game in the second qtr. Jacob had missed three games with a twisted ankle and it was his first time back on the field. He took over the game as Greenville couldn't stop him. Then after a tackle on the 4 yrd. line a Greenville player grabbed and tried to twist his ankle, trying to put him out of the game. Jacob lost it and punched the guy. Well I know its a rule but the guy deserved it. Jacob was 1st. team all-state last year and easly DB's best player. The game he was suspended from was against Jefferson Co. Is that weird or what.

haha thats crazyness, i hope the suspensions are overturned because if you guys beat us i want it to be the best team so nobody can make excuses and all that crap and then it will give us incentive for the playoff game

JPATS, I can't get on the other D-B - Jeff Co. discussion, as it is closed, but I do want to clarify a quote attributed to me by you...I never said Jeff Co. would win, I don't do predictions, I said they should win. I think Jeff Co. has some of the best talent in the state...Houston & Jennings are probably the best RB tandem in the state (yes, Oak Ridge's pair have the same argument, legitimately) and I am very proud of Jeff Jennings for his scholarship to Vandy (that is SEC football with books, it's great & my son will proudly say he played against Jennings when we watch the "Dores" on TV). I never make a prediction, I am old enough, wise enough, smart enough, educated enough, and seen enough high school sports to know better. I have a lot of respect for Jeff Co., always have, I know the tradition and pride that is there...That is why this is a good solid rivalry...D-B has the tradition and the pride of many years of excellent high school sports achievements ... the effort put in to try your best to do what you've practiced to help give your team a chance to win, that is D-B sports, the will and the effort to do the very best possible. I think Jeff Co should win, but D-B can win and I won't say who will win until after the game and I'll then know who did win.

This website should be a celebration of high school sports, but it is getting away from that, and that is a shame. I know coachT doesn't want it that way and we shouldn't either. I want D-B to win every game they participate in, as you want the same for the Patriots and others want for the Wildcats, others for the Trojans, Toppers, Rebels, Bulldogs, or whomever, but I'm not going to threaten someone, degrade someone, insult someone, or talk smack to try to get a "point" (?) across. Talk stategy, talk personalities of the players and coaches, get excited, but everyone, please stop getting ugly, mean, and evil.

Friday night should be a great game, weather is supposed to be good (unless Hurricane Isabel gets cranked up), two good teams, who respect each other and two communities who support their teams...it's high school sports at it's best, let's keep our discussions on the same level of quality.

Edited by skunk