Goodpasture @ Lipscomb

FOOTGUY5

Burton Elrod is a really, really good name for a football player. I don't like boring names, I like exciting, unique names. It is obvious to me and all real thinkers that his parents were thinking of high school football when he was born and named, or maybe he had a relative with that name? But it doesn't really matter because I feel like the winner of this game will be the Private School sponsored by the Church of Christ... There yeeeee go!

Meanjean, are you sure you want to make such an audacious pick?? You'd better think about that one before you step out on such a limb. ;)

Glad to have you back!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder what kind of opinions the Goodpasture players formed while watching Lipscomb dominate the Marshall County Tigers. They were right there field level watching. This is going to be a classic good ole fashion rivalry between 2 very good teams. The TV cameras will be on, the barbques will be smoking, the music will be playing & that awesome bagpipe playing in the background as Lipscomb starts to warm up. Hope everyone gets there early for a seat, if not, standing will be okay too. Hope this is a clean hard fought game. The winner is not guaranteed the title. Westmoreland is looking like a continder as well as East Robertson. Westmoreland almost knocked off Lewis County so you know they are probably going to make a run of their own. GO MUSTANGS !!!!!

Well, as for now, I'm going with Goodpasture. I think they will want to avenge last years embarrassment in the playoffs. I don't think they will win by much. Really the key element to me is that the cougars have had a week off to rest and to fix mistakes. Plus they have played and beaten 2 good 1a teams. I'm not saying Libscome can't win, but rhey will be under a lot of pressure with a limited amount of time to prepare. So... Goodpasture-24 Lipscomb- 17.

I think that Lipscomb needs to make sure that they have their special teams in check for this game. Something always happens and lipscomb for the past few years have gotten the bad end of the stick. Except for when GP got romped that last game of last season. Coach Mac should work on his play calling especially when going for 2. I think lipscomb needs to do more trick plays they have a lot of unused weapons in their arsenal. Why not use it early in the GP game and catch them off gaurd. I am picking Lipscomb over GP 30 to 21. Go Lipscomb coners play your game, shut down Turner don't let him off the line. Jet sweep is an easy play to stop just keep your head up and rap up. Lipscomb fans go crazy. Eat some cougar meet for me. I know Madison Taylor will.

I don't know who will win this one, but I will be rooting for Lipscomb. I have a great amount of respect for some of the DL players, especially Burton Elrod and Austin Rogers. Those 2 are just such nice guys and have a lot of class and sportsmanship, not to mention the fact that both are superb athletes and great football players. I'm sure it will be an excellent game. Good luck to both teams.