Huntingdon v. Chester Co.

thriller

Since these two teams started playing in the same region after realignment 4 or 5 years ago, the Mustangs have blown the Eagles out every year. In fact, the game was probably decided at halftime in each case. This year, however, the Eagles are flying high after a 3-0 start; the Mustangs also enter undefeated.

I don't expect this game to be a blowout, but how close do you think it will be?

My prediction:

Huntingdon - 21

Chester Co. - 07

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering when this thread would open up.

Thriller, I believe Huntingdon and CC have only played twice, in '01 and '02. You were right, though, both times they met in the past the games were pretty much over at halftime.

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I will give my opinion (such as it is) on what Chester County can do to win it. First of all, they have to keep it a lower scoring game. If the game turns into a shootout, the advantage goes to the 'Stangs. CC needs to move the chains a lot, keep the clock ticking, and keep Huntingdon's defense on the field.

Secondly, Chester County cannot afford to turn the ball over 3 times like they've done in each of their last two games. Against a team like Huntingdon, they can't afford to give up any possession of the football.

An advantage I think CC has is the speed of their defense. The way the DE's and LB's run, they have the ability to contain those fast H'don backs on the outside. H'don is obviously a big play team, and if the Eagles can limit those big plays they will have a shot.

If Chester County shows up for all 4 quarters, I think this one will be a very exciting game to watch. Eagle Stadium will be packed and overflowing next Friday night. I bet the school is drooling over the gate already! :)

Edited by TheBoredGuy

H'don is obviously a big play team, and if the Eagles can limit those big plays they will have a shot.

Just a comment related to this. If you watch Huntingdon's play calling, the offensive scheme is not really designed to make big plays, they just happen to turn into that with the players that are on the field. Huntingdon is perfectly content to get first downs and move the chains, but if given the chance to break a long play the players aren't gonna just lay down.

Even though Im a CC alum, and will be at Eagle stadium this friday, I think Huntingdon is too much. This will be the first team CC cant just "out athlete" and that could be bad. I think it will be good game, and CC will play with them for awhile, but I think the stangs will pull away in 2nd half. This will be a good measuring stick for both teams to see just how good both actually are. since they both have alot of hype.

Obviously there are a lot of big plays going on, but a lot of those plays are straight handoffs between the tackles. Huntingdon has done an outstanding job in controlling the ball, in 3 games Huntingdon has punted a total of 2 times. Sure some drives have ended in turnovers, but not many. With that said, I do believe that Friday's game is the biggest challenge that we have faced so far. Chester county is coming in with a little different attitude that anybody that we have faced so far. I look forward to a great game.

BigH_Outlaw, it may be a lot higher than 21-7, I don't know. I'm basing my opinion of Chester Co. solely on what members of this message board have posted. That may be a mistake, but I do think that the Eagles are improved. Stangfan also makes a valid point: Chester Co. is a lot more confident about this game than they ever have been before. However, according to the way everyone has responded to this thread, maybe sls' 42-7 prediction is more legitimate.

TheBoredGuy, I guess you're right about the two teams only playing twice. I don't why I thought it was three or four. Seems like realignment was a longer ago for some reason.