Huntingdon v. Chester Co.

thriller

That's a great post "Board Guy". Likewise, I believe Huntingdon should be favored. They have a great program and I'm sure everyone in West Tn, probably the entire state, respects what their program has accomplished in the past. Chester Co., I'm sure respects that as well, but if you enter a ballgame thinking you are going to lose, you sure as heck will, I don't care if you are 3-0 or 0-3. I plan on making the drive as well and hope to see a great game. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do have Porter, which I personally think is better than Bell, but they don't use him. All the fullback has is size and will not be a factor in the game. Having seen Bell play in a couple of games all he does is dance around in the backfield, if he does that against CC he will be going to the hospital like Riverside's QB

Supastar, you must be outside of your ever lovin mind. Bell has danced around in the backfield for oh I would say a little over 500 yards I think I know its over 400, in THREE games. He could dance around the entire Chester County defense. He has been hit hard, and he keeps going, remember, you have to keep hands on him to tackle him, and he is capable of breaking all kinds of tackles. That is why he is so good. Chester County hasn't even seen the Freshman running back we have, you need to stop him too. You might want to try and stop Weathers while you are at it, or how about Parish, or maybe Hillsman. You are full of it if you think Huntingdon is a one man show with Bell being the man. Sure he has the most rushing yards, but he has earned his claim to it. You can try all you want, but you won't shut him down, not completely, he will get it down the field somehow. When he isn't, the others will. CC has to keep up with and get good hands on Bell. We will see Friday night if Huntingdon is a one man show.

I think Chester County is perhaps the most improved club in West Tennessee, however one quantifies such a thing. Generally speaking it is. However, I think Huntingdon, Milan and McKenzie are the Class of 2A. While the Eagles are good, I think they are on the upper rung of that second tier of good 2A teams, much like McKenzie was three years ago. Suffice it to say, Chester County will present Huntingdon a worthy test and may be in the game with the Mustangs for a while. If the Eagles can believe in themselves and their teammates, the shocking upset is possible. For whatever it's worth, Huntingdon's speed and depth at all positions makes this an arduous task for Chester County, even at home. It should be a great game to watch. And let's tack this on for good measure: Even if the Eagles tumble to Huntingdon and McKenzie, it's not a fatal proposition. Football fans will recall that McKenzie reached far into November a year ago after finishing third behind Huntingdon and Riverside in Region 6-2A. This will be a capital litmus test as to the fortunes of 6-2A teams in 2003. To HHS and CCHS, line it up, fly around the field, have a blast and may the best team win.

Danke, croc1. Anything can happen in a football game and a football season. Ask Fayette-Ware about that. Seven years ago, I think, when it had Avis Carter and Co., the Wildcats took a 4-6 record all the way to the state semifinals. Last year, McKenzie took a 6-4 team the same distance. Gibson County, a No. 4, twice defeated top-seeded Oakhaven (maybe it was once, but it seems like twice) in the opening round of the playoffs. Haywood County, a 3-seed, beat Melrose and reached the quarterfinals, prompting then-coach Phil Massey to shave his head. On paper, Huntingdon should win this football game...but the game isn't played on paper. Flip the coin, blow the whistle and let's get it on.....but not in the same spirit as the late Barry White might suggest!!!

Edited by frednietzsche