Franklin 51 Clarksville 7

FHSrebel27

Not much to really say... Franklin just simply dominated. I was really pleased with the ground attack tonight. The offense certainly looked more balanced tonight than ever. A couple streaks ended tonight for Franklin. The defense finally allowed a TD. Solima finally threw a pick. But hey, ya can't be perfect all the time.

Now, for two weeks, all you get to hear about is Franklin/Centennial. It will be a huge game for both as far as the region standings go. Thought CHS was going to pull it off tonight vs Brentwood.

Actually, I think I'm going to take a week off from CoachT, get some schoolwork done that I need to get done and see y'all next Friday night after Dickson County-Riverdale... well, at least I'll try to stay away!

Congratulations Franklin!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel, that was solimas second pick the first was at LC both were the same play. Twice Solima has underthrown Murray down the left sideline! Our Defense was deplorable. If thats the best we can do defending an option O we are in for a world of hurt against Brentwood, Centennial, and Dickson Co.

You are right though that the offense looked great. Clarksville had some size on their line and in their LBs but our O-Line dominated. Nichols had another great game. Bell and Murray were under utilized. Score should have been 65-0.

Clarksville special teams were smart...only punt the ball 15 yards and or out of bounds! Campbell put five of seven in the endzone.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Clarksville has some skilled players in certain positions but they are young...My take is they were still hungover after the big home win last week over Crosstown Rival Rossview. They're not a good football team yet, they prolly wont ever be one in this region because of Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, and Dickson Co.

Clarksville has huge potential...No 9 Taj Jenkins is a player and what a build. Whats his body fat 5%. He should play at the next level.

Was #32 really a freshman Shawn Dowlen (Tennessean) cause if hes a Freshman he's going to be a player!

51 (so) and 72(fr) ... if you get those guys to work out with your wrestlers in the weight room and on the mat I think they will be animals next year!

Rebel, that was solimas second pick the first was at LC both were the same play. Twice Solima has underthrown Murray down the left sideline! Our Defense was deplorable. If thats the best we can do defending an option O we are in for a world of hurt against Brentwood, Centennial, and Dickson Co.

Well hey, two interceptions in 5 games... most QBs would die for that stat.

And deplorable is a little harsh. They've been run on pretty well the past two weeks but they haven't allowed many points on the board. I'll take that over allowing 37.5 in two games all season long.

No, that won't be acceptable against CHS, BHS and Dickson County but they'll continue to work on it and the D will continue to improve.

What about some of the calls last night and how LOOONNNGGG the officials took to discuss them? It was pathetic at times. And never fear, these calls aided us so for me to say something is not complaining because it hurt us.

ahhhh, you can never count Brentwood out, remember last year around this time, everyone started thinking they were over-rated, and then they put it together, and pulled off a State Championship...

I think perhaps we should all listen to the wisdom of FBall14 whenever he posts... tied for 11th in the Big Ones. I have NO idea how he is doing that well. It's not fair (then again, I haven't picked a game in several weeks... but it's still not fair.)

I realize this thread is about Franklin, but I have to throw in my two cents... Brentwood is NOT, I repeat NOT even close to as good as they were last year, even at this point of the season... Centennial physically beat them Friday night, then had a bonehead coaching mistake go awry... I just hope the Cougars won't go in the tank after such an emotional loss... Brentwood is very beatable, and I think the Rebels are the team to do it... well, I hope anyway... it's time for them to lose...