Bolton V. Houston

Slash2049

Following last year's remarkable turnaround season Bolton(4-0) takes on Houston(1-3) who has lost to Millington (whom Bolton has beaten) and Bartlett (whom Bolton manhandled last week in the BHS Bowl). After hearing so much flak last year about how Bolton really didn't do that much by beating Houston and how it wasn't the players fault... I ask this... how is ever not the players fault. You line up 11 players on your side of the ball and play

Granted I did throw two touchdowns over your defense but we ran all over you in the middle of the field last year.

So on to this year? When Bolton wins is it still an upset since we are ranked higher than Houston in every poll in the state? Granted we do play a weaker schedule...most of it due to region play. But it's about time that push-over Bolton got some respect. My senior class and myself worked hard enough to at least ensure that.

Wildcat C/O 03

QB WHIT CAMPBELL

I don't think it would be an upset. But like said before...it takes a while before your image changes in the eyes of the public. White Station is having the same kind of year Bolton did last year. Major Wright has done a remarkable job with his team. But everyone still has White Station on their schedule for homecoming based on records from previous years. It looks as if things have really turned around at Bolton. You should be proud for being a part of it. Just remember it takes some time to earn respect...

As for manhandling Bartlett last week...don't know if you were at the game or not, but it was 14-6 with about 5 or 6 minutes to go. (and I am NOT a Bartlett fan by a ny means). Doesn't sound like a manhandle to me...a little humility never hurt anyone!

Bolton lost to Whitehaven on one fumble...by me...on a drive to tie the game...after that we were forced by the clock to throw...which led to three picks and the ensuing lopsided score.

I was not at the Bartlett game, but I trust that with our defense an 8 point lead was never within doubt of our win.

And I do apologize for the misquote of Houston's record they are 2-2...they beat Overton and Cordova and lost to White Station and Bartlett.

Thanks for the posts.

I like talkin about Memphis football for a change.

Whitehavent owned Bolton in the playoffs. Anyone can play and beat the likes of Brighton and Munford. If Bolton wants some respect, play some team with winning records.

hijacking the post here....what do you think of the up coming game ECS game?? They appear to be very strong this year...laying the wood to both MUS and Memphis East.