Carter Hornets

qbsdad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedmerchant12, you've really got to stop talking to yourself like that !

Medman, if the same officiating crew that called last weeks east, cocke county game, and whistled east for 155 yards in penalties shows up the hornets will be ok, because they have probably ridden the team bus up here with them.

Cruzey, are you talking about the same inexperienced qb that threw for over 1300 yards and 12tds vs 7ints last year, and has passed for close to 700yds. and 8tds vs 1 int in only 4 games this year. Maybe you are mistaking speed and quickness for panic since he is probably the fastest player on the team, and the numbers he has put up would not suggest panic, and if so maybe more qb's should panic.

Not to take anything away from Carter, they seem to be much improved, but their biggest advantage will be in playing east at a good time, the week before the biggest game on their schedule crosstown rival M-west, and the fact that east has several players banged up, and will most likely be held out of the carter game, since the coaches put more into a conference game and are trying to get them well. In fact that good running back for east may not play at all and if he does he will be limited to rb with a large knee brace on. That is too bad to because his best position is on D at fs where i have watched him play since he was in 9th grade. He is 6'1" 220 and although many people in k-town may not know much about him since the sentinel does a poor job of covering east just take a poll of running backs in the imac and see who they would most not like to see on a sweep, and i'll bet his name would be at the top.

I would say he is the best in the IMAC, but who all plays in the IMAC. Line him up with the Knoxville teams and see where he stands. Does the great city of Morristown not have its own paper. All the information on the players is sent in by the home team. Individual stats are sent in by the coaching staff of each school. Not to sound ignorant or anything, but why in the world would a Knoxville paper travel two counties up to cover a team that has been a doormat in the past. Who have they played that has done anything. They did beat a normally good Powell team that is 0-5 at the present time. They did beat a Cocke Co. team that could not beat most JV teams. They lost to a 3A Lenoir City team that normally could not beat Tennessee School For the Blind and Deaf. I know a homeless man in Knoxville that has no legs and walks on his hands that could probably average 100 yards a game agains the teams East has played already. Look at the type of teams that each team has played.

Also if you want to talk about speed don't under estimate Carter. They have lots of it. Remember that for the last 12 years a team from Region 3-4A has played in the state championship game. I don't recall any 2-4A teams doing that or even coming close.

4AFAN, you missed the point, Morristown has a good paper, the Citizens Tribune, and they do an excellent job of covering teams in this area. However if you read back some posters were posting things about the East team that were inaccurate which led to the comment. Has Powell already played 5 games? See we don't get much up here about K-town teams either.

Nowhere did I down Carter or their players or the competition they have played. M-East knows all about tough competition. Last year 6 of their first 7 games were Jeff County, Powell, Central, Johnson City Science Hill, Greenville and M-West. If you don't think that is a tough schedule you know very little about high school football, and last years stats that were quoted were against those teams.

To compare this years schedules is meaningless, but to cut down Lenoir City that way when they are 3-1, with their only loss to Fulton a team that also defeated Carter, was unnecessary. Carter and East have both played Cocke County, and the results were similar, and Carter's other win was against Clinton 14-7, a team Campbell County defeated 28-10. M-east defeated CC 21-0 at CC. What does this all mean Friday night, nothing in my opinion, unless Carter wins then it must mean that M-east is is terrible has played nobody good and would take the luster off of the Hornets victory.

I don't talk with many players but the coaches at East said Carter was most likely the best team they had played so far, so I don't think at least the coaches will look past the Hornets but who knows what 15-17 year old kids will do.

Didn't say East was particularly fast either, just that their qb was probably fastest player on team, team wise they are average at best, but they are very big and physical, and the rb in question will be playing division 1 football next year most likely on the D side, so he could most likely be a star in the always tough kil also.

BTW who was the last team to beat Maryville and what region were they from?

Edited by Sugarcane

Who have they played that has done anything. They did beat a normally good Powell team that is 0-5 at the present time. They did beat a Cocke Co. team that could not beat most JV teams. They lost to a 3A Lenoir City team that normally could not beat Tennessee School For the Blind and Deaf. I know a homeless man in Knoxville that has no legs and walks on his hands that could probably average 100 yards a game agains the teams East has played already. Look at the type of teams that each team has played.

4afan are you a Carter fan ? It would seem that if you are you should think about what you are saying. Carter according to you is in a no win situation. If they beat Morristown East they have beaten a doormat team that has played nobody so therefore Carter hasen't accomplished much. If they loose heaven forbid they would be the laughing stock of the KIL to have lost to such a terrible team from the sorry IMAC conference.

Why are you dogging a team for who they play? Before you talk about not ever playing anyone maybe you should check the schedule that East has played over the past three years. I do not care who Carter plays in their conference, East played Jeff Co. Powell and Knox Central their first three games last year so don't talk about East not ever playing anyone. You line Carter up against those three teams the first three games of the year and Carter is 0-3. This list does not include Science Hill week 5. I believe that East had to lighten their schedule so they could build some confidence early to get ready for conference play. I think it will be a close game tomorrow night.

QUOTE (cruzey @ Sep 24 - 09:55 PM)

The only way that Carter can beat Mo. East is if the Carter defense steps it up another notch and stops East's running back. I can probably guarantee that he is faster than most of the Carter team (not all of them, but most) and i dont think that they can stop him. If they do stop him Carter wins 28-10 because East has an inexperienced quarterback and he panics under pressure. If Carter doesnt stop Easts runningback the get beat 24-7 cause East's defense isnt a pushover. Dont think that East will overlook them cause they are probably workin just as hard in practice as Carter is.

You guys apparently did not read the post in which someone was dogging Carter. I am a Region 3-4A fan just like it says. I would not consider the Science Hill team a great team. Just like my post said a team from Region 3-4A has played for the gold ball the last 12 years. A team from the IMAC has not. It is harder to get there in Region 3-4A. By far this region is better than most 5A regions. Most papers and Coaches across the state will tell you that. I in no way think that East is a push over. I just said that you cannot compare the two teams schedule already played. Week 0- Carter Played Maryville, 3 time state champion. Week 1 Fulton runnerup. Week 2 was a weak Clinton team, as well as weak 3 a week Cocke Co. team. Week 4 was a true power house in Knox Central. I do think that East like Carter is a much improved team. I do understand that East beat a normally strong Powell team, from region 3-4A. I do think that Friday game between East and Carter will be a great game. I am glad that East has developed into more than what they have had in the past. Just so you guys no, the preseason scrimmages(Maryville vs DB, and Central vs. Jeff Co)region 3-4A dominated these two teams. Both these two teams have great special teams that did not play during those scrimmages either. Why do you think that Morristown West left this region running. Because they could not dominate like they could in the IMAC. As for Lenoir City, I wish them luck this year, but who have they beat. Except for the top 4 teams in their region the rest are just not very good.

As for schedule once again check out any team in Region 3-4A they have a hard schedule every year.

Well 4AFAN, I'm not going to argue who has the best conference or region or players, because I'm a high school football fan period. I follow M- East since I'm a graduate of that school and am just as proud of it's history as you are of region 3-4A.

I have no clue who cruzy is but can tell you he is not an East fan or he would know that our offense is very balanced between the run and pass having for the past two years had almost the same yards passing and rushing. I also don't know what his definition of an inexperienced qb is, but starting every game for the last two years doesn't qualify in my book as inexperienced, and 2000 plus yards, and a td to int. ratio of 20-8 in 14 games doesn't sound like he panics much either. East's rb is the real deal and is the key to their offense, but neither he nor the qb can win a game without the real difference makers the men in the trenches, nor can they score if the D is not getting the ball for them, as they say there is no I in team.

I did not see where any East fans were throwing off on Carter's schedule either, and personally I think they have a very good team and if East wins it will be a feather in their cap. M-East has been down for a few years and only have about 35 varsity players when all are healthy, and with the injury situation they are very thin for the Carter game.

It is great to root for your team, but some of the things you said were a little harsh to be posting about any team in my opinion. And I quote from your post " They lost to a 3A Lenoir City team that normally could not beat Tennessee school for the blind and deaf." " I know a homeless man in Knoxville that has no legs and walks on his hands that could probably average 100 yards per game against the teams East has played." That is a slap in the face not only to East but all the teams they have played, and accomplishes nothing positive for either the teams nor the person posting it.

Edited by Sugarcane