Temple High School

ELA

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Temple is 2-3, that's pretty good for a first year school.  Passing for 300 yards in a high school game is impressive,  does this cause a problem for Clay Co. friday night?

It might... I understand that Clay will be running a version of the 44-C3. I doubt they will check out of Cover 3 unless they go to man coverage. If Temple can put four receivers into the secondary in a "creative way," It could be difficult for the dogs. HOWEVER, Dustin Thompson is a very athletic free safety and he can cover a lot of ground quickly! Look for him to have at least one "pick" in the game if Temple throws a lot. My guess is they will send one or two linebackers all the time in passing situations so you can expect the Temple QB to be under a lot of pressure. I think they may give up some yardage to the pass, but the dogs still get a "V" and win by several points.

Edited by ELA

I saw Temple play against CAK early on. They have a very athletic QB and at least one very athletic receiver. I think they both are on the basketball team. One is a Skoggins kid. I don't know if I spelled his name correctly, but his older brother was Mr. Basketball a couple of years in a row, I think. At the time they were not very physical though. I think that Celina will beat them if they make the game physical.