Catlett out at Clinton?

captain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerr was smart enough to get a contract on his pay, both coaches used to be paid the same but Gaylor wasn't smart enough to get it in writting. They tried to take away Kerrs money too, but Kerr had a contract that was set in stone. Smart move by Coach Kerr if you ask me... What do you ecpect Kerr to take a pay cut just b/c the Clinton Coach had to... What would you do in his case, I would bet take the money$$$$$$$$$$$$ Anyways even without the extra supplement Anderson Co and Clinton coaches still get paid better then Knox Co schools, and they have lower living expenses... BBall is the same way too. The assistant basketball coach at AC gets paid the same as the head coach at Lenoir City.. That doesn't seem fair, but it is. YOu have to get lucky in where you coach and besides Maryville and blount Co schools, Anderson Co schools is as good as it gets... Maybe if other teams had thier towns support the way AC does then their coaches would get better pay.

Hhhmmmm...

Redrash has his finger on the pulse of Anderson Co. politics. As a matter of fact, the chairman of the schoolboard is on AC's sidelines every friday night. My question is why was Catlett hired if no one wanted him there? He was never given a chance by many. He started getting "anonymous" faxes after losing one game, petitions started in his first season, and death threats this year. Why would anyone want to be put in that position?

Good Post. You hit the nail on the head with Catlett. I heard the same thing... No one gave him a chance b/c he wasn't ready to let the clinton clique tell him how to coach the team.. Any team would be crazy to pass on Catlett as a coach, but I heard he is going back to help Coach COllege ball.

Let me clear some things up for you guys. The school board chair is on the sidelines because his son plays on the team and he has been the team doctor since football began at AC. As for Kerr's contract, he lost that lawsuit over the contract and doesn't make any more money than the Clinton coach if he had the same amount of years in as Kerr. Don't blame AC for your problems. We just happen to have a community who supports it's coaches and backs the players on the field.

Clinton could hire Steve Spurrier and the fans would still be sending anonymous faxes because he isn't a good ole boy from Clinton. As for a coach instilling some discipline in the program, that's kind of hard to do when you discipline a kid and he shows up the next week in an AC uniform, isn't it?

Catlett should have never taken that job in the first place and I bet he'd be the first man to tell you that today. Clinton fans place unreasonable expectations on their program because they believe, in their so-called minds, that Clinton is on a level playing field with AC and OR. Until they can figure out how to attract the kids to Clinton that have the option of either going to OR or AC, they will not be competitive. Period.

:angry: What is Clinton thinking? Are they so desperate for a coach that they would hire Jim Swafford? Do the powers that be not check references or make inquiries? Apparently the administration @ South-Doyle did not check with Warren County when Swafford was hired. Will Clinton check with South-Doyle or Knox County Schools about Swafford's being fired? I would venture to say that there is not a school in East Tenn. that would accept a resume' from Swafford let alone consider him for a position. His reputation in the coaching community is sullied to say the very least.