Kingston @ OS

OSHSman

Well, if I only had so much information, I would say that Kingston will come out fired up after losing 2 ina roll and beat the cats at home. However, will the circumstance of Kingston's RB, Chad Johnson, out with Mono, this might give the edge to the Cats. Once again, however, with OS knowing he is out, they will probably not play as well. I don't know why that is but it usually just is. So now I say it comes down to the team with more rushing yards/less turnovers. (kindof like the Tennessee/Florida series) In this case I'll say OS has the advatage. I think the game will be close and they will win by a final of... OS-17 RCHS-12

ACCARP

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) Well I have heard all the bellyaching and crying around town I can handle. The consensus among a small group of us true yellerjacket faithful (8) is that we have lost to two pretty good football teams. Rockwood handed Wartburg their first defeat following an emotional victory, and Scott Co. (contrary to reports I had earlier recieved, is much, much, much better than last year) is a contender in the toughest region in the state of Tn. Having said that, we don't wear blue colored glasses. We can see there is a couple problems that need fixin', not the least of which is turnovers. These are all fixable. The one that concerns me the most is the internal turmoil that accompanies tough times like these. We gotta pull together, support our coaches(their not making tackles or turnovers)our kids, and school. The kids hear the griping and they are affected by it. We have got to get our confidence back and that all starts with us (the Fans) being positive and confident. Yea, sometimes we seem a little cocky at the ole' Steamplant, but we have always had a right to be. The swagger returns as Vick's boys skin the cats. Kingston 27 O.S. 13. Go ' jackets! Kingston forever and a day!

I wasn't able to return home to see OS destroy biggamer and all his little chumps, so Collet, tell me how OS looked as a whole. The line, skill people and special teams. I know you can't use Harriman as a measuring stick seeing how horrible they are w/ their 25 game losing streak and all, but anything would be appreciated.

Well, while I may not be Collett, I definately saw enough at the end of the 1st quarter when it was 28 to 0. Harriman was at best sloppy and didn't look motivated at all, in fact, they looked like they wanted to load up on the bus as soon as they got in the stadium. Usually Harriman at least has a little fire in them, but it seemed like the only time Harriman was in the game was last thursday. OS's special teams were good, missing Conrad hurt a little on consistency, but Chris Sutton stepped in and made a few extra points. The kid looks pretty good actually. It's hard to gauge the special teams against Harriman though, they didn't look motivated at all.

To ballmom, Conrad should be back. To Zwick-Zwack Os came out firing from the get-go. If you asked me before the game, they looked a little flat, but not when it started. OS had a lillte problem with Special teams, but with the return of C-rad it should be OK.Whalen looked good throwing, although he had 1 pick. He did not run much at all. Probably cause he didn't have to. The D line looked good as Eble ran for his life and fumbled once or twice. The tackles are suprisingly fast as well as huge anyway. The secondary is looking better. Little Collett had one pick. The line backers are beggining to fill the holes, and you know that Lamb will be there on the play.

As far as the O line, they are looking better, but I still want to see a bigger push on 3rd/4th and short. The RB/recievers are getting better. Hayes has had 2 big games and Lamb/Kyle are there to do the job when called. Collett and Mendez are getting a feel as they both made big catches in the game.

The only thing I worry about is the attitude of the Cats. If they come in head hunting, it might be a good gtame to watch. However, if they come in taking some things for granted it could be a long night.

ACCARP

IF OS running game is as good as Scott Co then they should have no problem with RCHS. Scott Co killed RCHS once they got to the outside and turned the corner. I don't know if Scott Co is that good or if RCHS made them look that good. You would think RCHS would have figured it out after a few times after getting burnt so bad on the same plays.

Well, if I only had so much information, I would say that Kingston will come out fired up after losing 2 ina roll and beat the cats at home. However, will the circumstance of Kingston's RB, Chad Johnson, out with Mono, this might give the edge to the Cats. Once again, however, with OS knowing he is out, they will probably not play as well. I don't know why that is but it usually just is. So now I say it comes down to the team with more rushing yards/less turnovers. (kindof like the Tennessee/Florida series) In this case I'll say OS has the advatage. I think the game will be close and they will win by a final of... OS-17 RCHS-12

ACCARP

Rumor has it that Johnson may be released to play Friday. What effect do you think this would have on the game.

jktfan,

you're telling me that johnson will be released to play for this friday's game with MONO?!! No, if he REALLY has mono he is gone. Now if it was just a rumor that he has mono, and he does play healthy, the game will be a lot closer. In fact, we will probably see an overtime or 2. I stiil want to believe that OS will pull it out, but as always...we will have to wait until Friday. So does he have mono or not???

ACCARP

jktfan,

you're telling me that johnson will be released to play for this friday's game with MONO?!! No, if he REALLY has mono he is gone. Now if it was just a rumor that he has mono, and he does play healthy, the game will be a lot closer. In fact, we will probably see an overtime or 2. I stiil want to believe that OS will pull it out, but as always...we will have to wait until Friday. So does he have mono or not???

ACCARP

They say that he had the virus that causes mono and it was caught early. The last that I heard was if the swelling is down in his spleen and all the infection is cleared up he will be able to return. My son says he has an appointment with the doctor today. Of course, he has been out of practice and school for almost 2 weeks and even if it was not a full blown case of mono, will he be up to the task this friday night. Let's hope so, we really need him on the field.