Maryvilles Tyler Gaskin, Alex Rouse, Chris McCord

sportscritic3

First of all lady, I am not and have never have been against the county schools. I support all the Blount County schools to include Greenback. I always support the county football programs. Blount County is the home of Champions in many sports. All of my son's attended County schools until high school them we applied to Maryville. The young WB soph you spoke of is a classmate of my son and they will both impact the program I am sure. Make no mistake football has little to do with our decision to place him in the Maryville school. Yes he would have been excepted if he was not a player.

The Heritage program could use a kid like Clausen for sure, but: If you had a son who was expected to go D1 would you expose him to the coaching at Heritage? I think not. No disrespect meant to coaches who try and work hard, but with a brother or two already in the big time do you take a chance on a program that is broken? I also think not. Do you also think Maryville really needs a Clausen to win? Clausen has a personal trainer but needs a good program to be developed in. Maryville is in a class by itself in that department. I do not think the addition of Clausen would improve the program.

By the way this event is only rumor, but is fun to discuss.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey boyz!

FB emeritus...you have proven my point eloquently...

The Heritage program could use a kid like Clausen for sure, but: If you had a son who was expected to go D1 would you expose him to the coaching at Heritage?

The problem most people have with Maryville, is that some of the Red and Black faithful think they are better than everybody else.

Why were the county schools good enough through middle school but weren't good enough in High School?

Like I said, if your only concern is academics...absent football....then why not send "junior" to Webb?

A little geography for you...Greenback is in Loudon County!

Also, you might want to sit in on Dr. Ferguson's class with your son for a little grammar remediation!

I hope your son gets the education you missed!

Love you boyz!

:)

P.S. I like the "lady" comment! That's the sweetest thing I've ever been called!

Edited by susie

Suz you know I and all the Red and Black boyz ain't neer as good as sum people. We ain't like 'dem country boys. Bocephus sez "Country Boys Can Survive".

Ferguson and Rhodes taught me to spell and rite. Me and several others thought a lot of the time that Penny was just trying to see how much money she could get us to spend on Cliff Notes at the old Gateway Bookstore. I believe she must have owned some stock in Gateway.

How are thangs up on the mountain? I'll bet there reel purty. The leefs iz turnin', the old Studebaker truck is loaded with stove wood, the old worn out tars are bein' piled up, chains is bein' sharpined, big mammy panties are hung out on the line, and the Muskydine crop is enormous. Hit just don't get no better. Halloween is in sight.

Did you get out to the Motor Mile? Ginly when I go out there I go see tha best salesman out there. I go to Delmer Haines and talk to "Honest" Bill Pearson. He ain't never tolt a lie. But word has it he has told the truth several different ways.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hey boyz!

Now starz, you jes make me melt! Wyd my momma sed used da bes boy n all dem parts!

Things is lookin' good at da home place! Uncle Pete says howdy! Says it's almost hog killin' weather! He noes how you always liked that fresh sawsage!

Why is it that you can't pull football emeritus to the side and say..."Hey ole Susie is just yanking your chain! Just let her have her say and she will move on to other teams and programs and lay off our red and black. She is just a woman, doesn't know football and gets her dander up ever now and then!"

Why is it that you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!

Any truth to the Clausen rumor? GQ hasn't called and asked me or Suzette to travel to California yet. You know if I can "land" another big recruit for the red and black...they are talking about retiring my jersey and hanging my picture on the championship hall wall on the way to the rasslin' arena!

Man you are correct on the Cliff's notes at the Gateway. Daddy used to come down to the Giant super market and I'd spend as much money on the Cliff's notes as he did on a months worth of groceries. Why did he ever buy so many mason jars?

The only way I could ever make any money was if he let me spend an hour or two over at the Dogwood...doin' what girls do!

Love you boyz!

:D

Suz I used to hang around Midland with several of my closest friends. Joe (Yo Name) Love, Old Man Webb, Chico (Car 12) Romines, and the Parham Hill Preacher. Preacher could take out his dentures and touch the end of his nose to his chin. That was only one of his many talents.

I liked the ol' Dogwood. But they had the slickest floors. Guess it was all the buttery popcorn? You 'member that big ol' slide that used to be there were the Dogwood wuz?

Iz your sawsidge domesticated hawg or wild boar? If it's wild boar, save me some cracklin'. I know you have problee already promised the chitlins to some of your other boyz.

I don't know anything about Clausen. If we need you and Jimmy comes in on a recruitin' visit, could we get you to be his Red Rebel "Hostess" for the weekend? I'm shore that'd close the deal for the red and black. Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

HAHA, you think Heritage would be better with Clausen? HAHA....thats a joke! Even Maryville would go down the toilet is Clausen was at QB. He stinks, I'm sorry, when he can actually throw a pass thats not underthrown, and when he can get a haircut and learn to run with coordination, then you can maybe consider him decent. But right now he stinks!

First off i have a really good tie in to the clausen family. I sit next to jimmy and Mr. clausen at every football game. Jimmy is staying in northridge and they are not moving to maryville. The rumor though is that they might be buying some land out in knox county or blount county. Maryvill can spread rumors like no other. But forget Clausen this post was about the Maryville boys which no one can stop. NO one can do it and no one will. Who needs clausen when you have those three, not me..... :D

Hey boyz!

As Flip Wilson...not Flip Pearson would say..."Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Jive Turkey?"

Cade Thompson is going to California... at least that is what I heard.

Now here are some lyrics for you Starz...you are so dreamy!

Well when I breeze into that city people gonna stoop and bow

All them women gonna make me teach 'em what they don't know how

I'm goin' to Jackson you turn loose my coat

I'm goin' to Jackson goodbye that's all she wrote

Yeah we got married in a fever...

Starz, that song was written for me and you. You know when we get to Jackson all them women will stoop and bow for you! I will be the luckiest girl alive and that ain't no jive...turkey!

Love you boyz!

:o

Again please this post is about the three best athletes i the state not cade thompson... thank you. you guys just dont know football. i just would like to know if there really is a better trio than these three because they are awesome. it always seem one of these guys are making plays somewhere. so like to hear some results

heres you some results fayfay05 , show some class !! i don't believe you are a MARYVILLE fan , but if you are you must be an uninformed young kid !! if you want to be a part of the MARYVILLE RED REBEL TRADITION , know this , TED WILSON was one of the men who really started this great winning tradition . one of the most important things that he tried to instill in his players , coaches , and fans , was to WIN WITH CLASS !!! save the trash talking and chest thumping for others . i promise you , that's the way coach QUARLES wants it too !!!