Coffee County

FANatic4FOOTball

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can be supportive of our team, but we don't have to expect wins from this school who has second to last in all of Class 5A four times in the past five years. And that one time they weren't second to last was the season they lost to Warren County and then they were DEAD LAST!

Look at the schools you listed. Riverdale and Oak Ridge are former state champions and Hillsboro played in the state title game last year!

Franklin County? What have they done?

McMinn County? They've always been good. In fact they've kicked Coffee County's rearend on more than one occasion from the 1997 playoff loss to repetitive Tobacco Bowl losses way back when. And McMinn County has been in the playoffs alot more times in recent years than alot of teams.

Coffee County doesn't have that kind of influence. Yeah, I want to see them win. I want to see magic in Manchester more than anyone, but where exactly has it been in the past 25 years??

Coffee County will NEVER in a million years make it to the BlueCross Bowl. Jesus Christ will return for His children before Coffee County wins a state title in football. I'm not being critical, just realistic! The only bowl Coffee County can conquer is the toilet bowl.

I asked for POSITIVE feedback. You have to start somewhere. I am proud of CC. One good thing about not having success, there is no where to go but up. It has to start some where and some time, why not here and now. There are enough naysayers out there, I just don't think it should come from our own people. I can only imagine how horrible it has been in the past few years. Good luck raiders. Go big RED!

You know Fanatic4Football. I attended Coffee County High School from 1994-1998. We were very lucky to be in my high school class. Because Coffee County won more games from the '94-'97 seasons than in any four year stretch in the 1990's up to now.

In 1994 we won four games against Lawrence County, White County, Grundy County, and Warren County.

In 1995 we won four games again. This time against Oakland, Cookeville, Warren County, and Hendersonville.

In 1996 we won two games--Tullahoma and Shelbyville.

1997 we won seven games--Oakland, Cookeville, Smyrna, Warren County, Franklin County, Lincoln County, and Shelbyville.

17-24 in those four years. Still unimpressive.

SemperFiBlue:

I think you have me confused with someone else. I did not attend CC. This is my first outing as a red raider. I am kinda new to the area. I just love football, and I am rooting for Coffee County. I believe they have some quality people at CC. The kids seem to work well together, and the coaching staff seems to have given new life to a stifled program. I would just hate for one loss to dictate a season. Hopefully these kids can rise to the challenge. Go Raiders!

SemperFiBlue, buddy, I still dont know who you are, but gosh where is the LOVE! even riverdale had to start somewhere! and thats what CC is doing. and if Coach Price can do that in coffee county than that will be a great achievement and something we can all have pride in! I dont even live in manchester anymore (I go to school in johnson city @ ETSU). BUt crap, even I want this program to do great things! and they have great potential! Chris Elam, his junior year, didnt even post the same kind of numbers as this Jake Nunley kid is doing. Think of what he'll do next year! :D But man, show some respect and let the haunting past of this program go. I expect to hear great things this week from the raiders and I know they will play with great heart! Friday night my thoughts and prayers will be on you guys and I know you will play without the ghost of football past!

much love

Thank you for the wonderful insight Pplayer. You and the one who wanted to work for the Dept. of the Navy must be on the same wave length. Siemper, you are the main one that has been on here tooting CC's horn all year getting everyone upset at CC fans, and as soon as they lose a game your off the wagon and the loudest one preaching doom and gloom. You are a has been, or a never were and we don't need your kind supporting CC, if you even do.

Good Luck Raiders, now is the time to have a gut check and fight back. The true CC fans around here know you can, we've already seen you do it a couple times this year.

Semperfi Blue, u need to learn what your talking about before you type somthing for everyone to read. In 99 we did lose to Warren Co., but we did not finish last in 5a. How could we? WE WERE IN 4A!! We were also in 4a in 2000 and we beat Warren Co., Lawrence Co., and Hillwood. (So could you explain to me who put us last in 5a when we went 3-7 in 4a?) We also lost games which we were in position to win every time in the 4th quarter.

You are obviously speaking out the place where the sun dont shine, and you are just trying to make it look like you aren't some Coffee Co. butt kisser, like you have been the whole season till now. You had know idea what place we finished any of those years, and simply said we were second to last every year and last one year. Just always try to think things through before you type on here, cuz there might be someone who knows your full of it.

Edited by footballfanatic

By bad, Footballfanatic. The fact that Coffee County apparently had to drop down in classification after the 1998 season tells me how uninteresting the Manchester area is to potential new residents. I thought the school was growing little by little but apparently it is just fluxuating up and down from 5A to 4A to 5A to 4A and so on.

You see. People are moving away from this county and are taking their kids with them because of the lack of leadership in the city of Manchester to want to see the town grow. Five interstate exits and Tullahoma (no interstate exits) still is dang near three times larger than Coffee County's miserable county seat.

Now explain that one. Oh, and is it any wonder that Tullahoma has pretty much owned Coffee County all these years? Tullahoma is a wealthier city than Manchester and they can afford these facilties that are characteristic of the schools in and around Nashville.