Coffee County

FANatic4FOOTball

footballfanatic,

well said my bother!

and on a really random note... I'd like to give opposition to blue's comment on his school spirit.

I think that the "good ol' Bus Driver" Jerry Bunn could take you in a spirit contest any day! maybe we could have a spirit walk-off (movie reference to Zoolander) :lol:

can I get a amen?

any how, the interest has faded... GOOD LUCK RAIDERS

much love,

Edited by joemontanaismyhero57

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny that we both know the title of that movie but will never admit it publicly... or atleast I wont... or maybe I just did. either way, its good to end all of this on a positive note.

I feel like in a way, this post was a wierd episode of scobby-doo...

Blue would of gotten away with it if it wasnt for that snooping BIGA52!

Great day to all!

much love, :lol:

Edited by joemontanaismyhero57

Semperfi Blue,

If you ever played football, you would understand why Coffee County was not successful for the past few years

after '97, reasons are as follows, 1. lack of work ethic in offseason weights, 2. lack of talent, 3. lack of numbers.

That is all, but since 2000, weight lifting has been one the upswing, that is why the seniors on this years football team are successful. They were freshman in 2000 and have worked hard all four years.

You may realize that there are problems, but you will never understand the heart break of actually being on the field when you have fought so hard only to lose in the fouth quarter, completely exhausted with your brothers who had your back every step of the way only to come up short time after time. I would take your statments to have validility, only if you were out on the field with us, not just on the sideline cheering our successes, and critiquing us when we were unsuccessful.

Nice post Footballfanatic!

I also would have to agree with JoeMontana---Jerry Bunn Rocks!!!!!

Semper Fi Blue: have you ever heard the saying, "don't judge me until you've walked in my shoes" You have no clue what it takes to be a high school athlete.

The kind of dedication and discipline that is required of these boys. It would be much easier for them to quit than to keep practicing and playing week after week.

So get off their backs and be supportive!!!!!!! GO BIG RED!!!!!!! The TRUE RED RAIDER FANS ARE PROUD OF OUR TEAM AND OUR COACHING STAFF.

Edited by Titans21

SemperFi.......I don't want you to think that I or anyone else on here are picking on you, but some of your posts (well, most of them) have a pretty harsh cutting edge on em. We all understand your frustraions (hope I spelled that right, was educated at CCHS ya know), and I have voiced my opinions on this board many times about the problems in the Football program at CCHS. But this year, I can see real progress, both on the field and off. I really believe that CCHS is on the right road, but it ain't gonna be a quick, do it right now fix. It's probably gonna take another year, maybe 2 before you see the lasting benefits of whats going on now.

As far as BigA52, you really need to get to know him. I don't know him personally (I know his aunt & father), but I do know what it took for him to choose the path he is on now. Some folks in Manchester really had hard feelings toward him when he transferred to T-Town, but I really (really, really) believe that his transferring to Tullahoma opened some eyes in the county seat & probably made some people realize that maybe something needs to get fixed. From what I know of him, he can probably keep up with you (or at least stay in the neighborhood) in the intellect department. On top of all that, he can play football, and we here in Tullahoma were glad to see him join us.

AND TO KEEP THIS ABOUT FOOTBALL, LET ME AGAIN SAY.......GO RAIDERS & GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by tk6under

Hey Fanatic......I realize that this thread sorta got off the "football thing" but you have gotten over a thousand hits. Now that aint bad, but still it probably won't keep up with the Smith Co/Troutdale Co thread. But thats in QueenBee's territory, so running second to her is pretty good. :D

Alright that's it!

All I hear are people putting words into my mouth. I never said anything bad about our players. All I said was that God fated them with a program that was a traditional football powderpuff for more than 25 years and more and that I felt that their success was related to the apathy of the town itself and it's refusal to make swift progress when it had the opportunities.

And while I don't know what it is like to work hard in football in the weight room or on the practice field, I do know what it is like to work hard at something--I was in the band all four years, and before you laugh and say band ain't jack squat and doesn't work hard, then you don't know band. In my four years of high school, our marching band had a great deal of success and to this day they've been successful, but they have a great band director at Coffee County that has been dedicated to that school for a really long time unlike the football program that's had more coaches in the past ten years than anyone else! Our band director pushed us hard; we spent really late nights in camps and practices just to give our fans something to cheer for for only a mere 8 minutes at a football game! But it also pays dividends when you win the Chancellor's cup at prestigious competitions held at Vanderbilt and other places where some of the best marching bands in the area come to compete!

So I know what it is like to work hard at something. Here recently, I spent an entire year working hard, running every day up to 5 miles a day for the last two months leading up to my departure to Parris Island. I drove up to Murfreesboro's YMCA two to three times a week and would spend hours in the pool just swimming back and forth! I would spend time in the gym two to three times a week in the weight room just doing what I needed to do to be the best Marine I could be.

I went to Parris Island this past summer. I thought I would become a Marine. Medical Boards found something wrong with me, so I took an early exit. I have no job still because I quit a very good job to follow what I thought was the Lord's plan for my life. I have tried to get my job back, but I haven't heard anything from those guys since I took my drug test almost two weeks ago.

I was on my way of fulfilling a childhood dream to become a U.S. Marine and fight for my country during a time of military unrest in our nation. But I was prepared because I had the Lord with me. You can only guess how devastated I was when they told me, you can't go on so we're sending you home! I'm sure my level of devastation was more gutwrenching than the devastation felt of losing a game of some kind. This wasn't a game. This is real life. I would think anything that had to do with real life was more important than some game.

I don't know what God has planned for me, and I know I've made alot of poor choices in my life. And no doubt coming on this board was one of them. The Bible says the tongue is as dangerous as a poisonous asp. Jesus also said to be slow to speak and quick to hear. I was wrong. See you folks later.

:D

Hey FANATIC... good post man! I'm right behind ya! We can't let this one loss get em down! We've got one of the best teams we've had in a while... and we can't let em slip throught the cracks! You can see me and the guyz @ every game... home or away... with the exception of sweetwater! GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my boy Tyler3340cc we are at like every game..and we are behind our team and we will not let one game get us down..we dont care about u blue..that is so stupid how u think that we are just like the worst team now..you prolly cant even spell football but we wont even go there..but i will b praying for u blue...but as far as me and my boys we are still on our RAIDERS side!! GO RAIDERS!