What are the games to watch this week in 1A?

JiveFunk03

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

collarbone, I think the word "hate" is not appropiate to use in context with these two fine teams. Both squads have a healthy respect for each other and there have been some outstanding games over the years. Both teams will play hard and when the game is over, whatever the outcome, shake hands and pray together. Its going to be great game.

I definately think that Fayette Academy and JCS should be the game of the week in 1A in the West. Just like in years past these teams are playing for home field in the first round of the playoffs. Ironically, the home team has won this game in years past. This year it will be held at JCS. This year its even more important because with no dominant team in Region 8, the winner of this game may be looking at a fairly easy road to the 3rd Round of the playoffs; whereas, the loser would have to play USJ in Round 2. Although this should be a great game to decide the 2nd Place Team in Region 7, it has not been in the past. Two years ago JCS won 42-14 and last year Fayette one 37-7. I believe that this year the teams are more evenly matched than they have been and I am expecting a much better game this year.