Lincoln County vs. Cookeville

mojo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as an outsider looking in I was quite disappointed.  I traveled to Cookeville to see the game because I was interested in seeing Lincoln County.  Yes the refs were terrible, but the o-line was awful at pass blocking and that is when they got most of their holding penalties.  For the running game was spectacular.  Dont even worry aobut passing for the rest of the season.  You all have a great quarterback he just has slow decision making on the pass and the oline is good enough for that.  It would of been nice to know how many sack yard cookeville had, b/c in the first half it seemed like they had several.

For Cookeville, you better get in the weight room.  This is about as weak of an offensive line as I have seen in 3 A and up.  Your d-line was pretty good with the pass rush.  Your secondary owes the d-line a thank you for effecting the passing game or it could of been even uglier. 

TO both teams good luck in the rest of the season.....

The O-line that you are refering to is the second o-line, they are sophmores and the reason that they are in the game is to give Lamar and Theo a rest because they are going both ways. I'm sure that once we get a lead of a few points we will substitute a couple of them for that reason to keep Lamar and Theo fresh for defensive purposes. The first series that we subbed was the 3rd series we had the ball and then it was 14-0 at the time.

To answer your question about the sacks for losses, Michael was sacked 3 times for a minus 14 yards, but he was hurried several more times I will admit.

I haven't seen the film yet but, I'm sure that 95 % of the time that he was sacked, was when Lamar and Theo were out of the game. Which is fine, because this method seems to be working fine, rest our two best linemen whenever possible so they can be fresh for defense, which once you have a comfortable lead that's a pretty smart thing to do looks like to me. Defense wins games, if the other team can't score they can't win.

This definately was not our best played game of the year for sure but, we have had 3 of our biggest rival games the last three weeks in a row, and as you know, it's hard to get up and be on your very best game every single week, everybody has kinda flat games every now and then. As far as Michael's decision making being slow, I'm sure that he is told to wait until the very last minute and try to throw the ball if he can, and there's not somebody open on every play. But, I'll take our slow decision making Qb. over everyone else that I've seen this year. or last year either :D

as an outsider looking in I was quite disappointed.  I traveled to Cookeville to see the game because I was interested in seeing Lincoln County.  Yes the refs were terrible, but the o-line was awful at pass blocking and that is when they got most of their holding penalties.  For the running game was spectacular.  Dont even worry aobut passing for the rest of the season.  You all have a great quarterback he just has slow decision making on the pass and the oline is good enough for that.  It would of been nice to know how many sack yard cookeville had, b/c in the first half it seemed like they had several.

For Cookeville, you better get in the weight room.  This is about as weak of an offensive line as I have seen in 3 A and up.  Your d-line was pretty good with the pass rush.  Your secondary owes the d-line a thank you for effecting the passing game or it could of been even uglier. 

The second team line does need some work. If you will remember back, Lincoln County struggles on a drive, punts to Cookeville and the Cavaliers put together their only drive of any type for the game. On the next offensive series, the Falcon's 1st team O line goes back into the game and the Falcons march right down the field and answer right back. Believe me, it hurt our running game against Oakland last week. This is only going to help next year, seeing how we lose most of our starting linemen.

Edited by LCstatman

Guest region4fan

Lincoln County, what is wrong with you guys? You let them score on you!!

Just kidding. Congrats on your big region win. You just keep on rollin'along! I am sure that victory was sweet payback for last year. Guess what , Oakland won. We actually were able to hang onto the ball this week! Only 1 fumble. And as a result, we scored 42 points. We have Riverdale this week at Tomahawk. Any tips for us?

LC has a fantastic team and I hope they run the table, it is good to see a Region 3 team dominate the state especially the boro teams. I was very impressed with the Quarterback, fullback and both huge tackles. The tailback went down each time with a little more than an arm tackle. LC has all the tools to win it all. I don't think I have ever seen a team so huge with tackles as quick as they are. Good luck to you the rest of the season. Stay injury free and you should bring home the championship.

Now as far as the refs-they were sloppy, very sloppy-but it went both ways. The terrible debacle in which they gave LC an extra play following the penalty and then moved the ball foward following the sack was inexcuseable. It is sad to see young men work hard all season and then watch refs get so confused that they stop the whole flow of the game. That reffing crew should be disbanded and moved to a slower level of play.

My opinion on the last LC score - Cookeville brought in the 2nd team and LC had their second team but still had their quarterback in the game. I have seen coaches with more conscience over the years just take a knee with a minute left to go-but what goes around, comes around in football. I guess it goes back to what your trying to accomplish.

Cookeville's offensive scheme was horrible-why in the world did they continue trying up the middle against men. Our young quarterback showed some signs of his speed on that long run-and it wasn't a fluke. The tackles were pushing hard along with their defensive end and he just went by them up the middle. But that was about the highlite for Cookeville offensively. I thought Cookeville's two young linebackers played exceptional considering having to fight off a huge fullback and tackles about a head taller then them.

Now as far as no room in the press box and some fans screaming at you-just get over it. You are the enemy and will be treated likewise when you are good. That's the nature of the beast. Good luck LC you have an outstanding team!

We have Riverdale this week at Tomahawk. Any tips for us?

When Riverdale puts #1 in the game, watch him closely. He is in there to carry the ball. Keep him in front of you. If gets behind you, it's 6 pts.

When they really need a big gain, watch #84. I've seen them a couple of times and he is definitely a "go to" weapon. He is fast and a great receiver.

Good luck.

as an outsider looking in I was quite disappointed. I traveled to Cookeville to see the game because I was interested in seeing Lincoln County. Yes the refs were terrible, but the o-line was awful at pass blocking and that is when they got most of their holding penalties. For the running game was spectacular. Dont even worry aobut passing for the rest of the season. You all have a great quarterback he just has slow decision making on the pass and the oline is good enough for that. It would of been nice to know how many sack yard cookeville had, b/c in the first half it seemed like they had several.

For Cookeville, you better get in the weight room. This is about as weak of an offensive line as I have seen in 3 A and up. Your d-line was pretty good with the pass rush. Your secondary owes the d-line a thank you for effecting the passing game or it could of been even uglier.

mcneeley06...

If you are new to traveling with the falcons..You must be confused with our passing game..Cookeville sent their linebackers all night more people than the O-line could block..this will disrupt your passing game especially play action..get some knowledge of the game before u start being critical..thank you..

#1. The tailback went down each time with a little more than an arm tackle.

#2. My opinion on the last LC score - Cookeville brought in the 2nd team and LC had their second team but still had their quarterback in the game. I have seen coaches with more conscience over the years just take a knee with a minute left to go-but what goes around, comes around in football.

#3. Now as far as no room in the press box and some fans screaming at you-just get over it.

#1. What tailback were you watching, it took three or four guys to get Gregory down most of the night, once they could finally catch. He rushed for 162 yards and didn't play most of the fourth quarter due to an ankle injury. I'd say he broke a lot of arm tackles to muster those yard! ;)

#2. The guy that scored the last TD for the Falcons is the same guy that gets beat up on at practice during the week. Now you tell me, doesn't that kid DESERVE to get a chance to score after having to face that defense all week during practice?? :)

#3. Your fans, which were seated in the student section, that were screaming (and I am quoting their words) "Overrated", and "Lincoln County stinks!!!" is a little absurd. Not to mention, and this came from A Cookeville administrator, "you have 1-A accomodations for a 5-A school" That's OK, all in al it was not a bad game, no serious injuries for either team. Good sportsmanship on both sides for the most part was displayed, and as far as I know, everyone made it back home safely, so it was a good evening. ;)

Statman, I could run behind the giants that you have on the offensive line. Watch the film, how many times did your running back go down with just a arm tackle?

Also what do you expect the defeated students to say? "We bow before you!!!!" Sounds as if your expectations from teenagers is as immature as the teenagers words. And concerning the accomodations-yes they are not as nice, neither do they have the character of the pit. You have one of the nicest facilities in the state.

We share our school dollars with two other high schools-how many high schools in your county do you share with?

You have a great team this year, and I wish you guys all the best. We will see you next year in the pit!!!!

I could run behind the giants that you have on the offensive line.

disgustedfan, I agree with you. Even I could run behind that line. I'm not sure that line gets the credit they deserve, or the respect from other teams. So much is written about Edmiston and Gregory (and they deserve it) but other folks better not over look those linemen on both sides of the ball.