Lincoln County vs. Cookeville

mojo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC has a fantastic team and I hope they run the table, it is good to see a Region 3 team dominate the state especially the boro teams. I was very impressed with the Quarterback, fullback and both huge tackles. The tailback went down each time with a little more than an arm tackle. LC has all the tools to win it all. I don't think I have ever seen a team so huge with tackles as quick as they are. Good luck to you the rest of the season. Stay injury free and you should bring home the championship.

Now as far as the refs-they were sloppy, very sloppy-but it went both ways. The terrible debacle in which they gave LC an extra play following the penalty and then moved the ball foward following the sack was inexcuseable. It is sad to see young men work hard all season and then watch refs get so confused that they stop the whole flow of the game. That reffing crew should be disbanded and moved to a slower level of play.

My opinion on the last LC score - Cookeville brought in the 2nd team and LC had their second team but still had their quarterback in the game. I have seen coaches with more conscience over the years just take a knee with a minute left to go-but what goes around, comes around in football. I guess it goes back to what your trying to accomplish.

Cookeville's offensive scheme was horrible-why in the world did they continue trying up the middle against men. Our young quarterback showed some signs of his speed on that long run-and it wasn't a fluke. The tackles were pushing hard along with their defensive end and he just went by them up the middle. But that was about the highlite for Cookeville offensively. I thought Cookeville's two young linebackers played exceptional considering having to fight off a huge fullback and tackles about a head taller then them.

Now as far as no room in the  press box and some fans screaming at you-just get over it. You are the enemy and will be treated likewise when you are good. That's the nature of the beast. Good luck LC you have an outstanding team!

Oh yeah, we got over it, the point that I was trying to make was, we had someone on here calling us classless because the third string tailback scored a td on an off tackle play and I just thought that I would point out those little comments that came from their student section, who told us good luck, face to face, then when we turned our back and walked off, they made those comments. But that's fine, I was young and cocky years ago in high school too. :D As far as Michael still being in the game, all he did was hand the ball off, it wasn't like he was still in there running qb. draws, or throwing the ball. We have already moved on, and are looking at Howard next week now, anyway. :(

I don't want to keep replaying this game because both teams have plenty of work ahead of them. However, this quote from the Herale-Citizen in Cookeville is quite inaccurate.

"CHS turned the ball over on downs with 1:39 to go, and instead of running out the clock, LCHS kept the starters in and went for one more score, with James Staton carrying it in from one yard out for the final score."

No wonder folks get the wrong impression about "running up a score" when the newspaper prints stuff like this. Lincoln County's starting line WAS NOT in the game and the guy, James Staton, is a THIRD string back. And he scored on straight handoff into the line....not a pass play or a reverse or a mis-direction, or anything fancy. It was probably as close as you can get to just taking a knee. Don't accuse the Falcons of running it up under those circumstances.

Coach Joslin hit the nail on the head. It was his team's place to stop them....and they didn't.

Now, good luck to both teams the rest of the year. Lincoln County better not let Howard surprise them.

:P Running up the SCORE!!! What is all this talk about running up the score? If you add up all of Lincoln County's final scores : 38 against Franklin, 51 against Blackman, 26 against Riverdale, 41 against Franklin County, 51 against Oakland, and 41 against Cookeville, it seems that Lincoln County averages 41 pts. Per game. I'd say that they would have to have scored around 60 or 70 pts. to be considered as running up the score. I guess our coaches should just tell our kids to give them a 40 pt. head start before we start to play :unsure:

And what is this about charging to park at a high school game? :P That is the most ridiculous and absurd thing that I have ever heard! Cookeville should be ashamed of themselves to even charge the visiting team's fans to park. This is a first that I have heard any school doing this!

Statman, I could run behind the giants that you have on the offensive line. Watch the film, how many times did your running back go down with just a arm tackle?

Also what do you expect the defeated students to say? "We bow before you!!!!" Sounds as if your expectations from teenagers is as immature as the teenagers words. And concerning the accomodations-yes they are not as nice, neither do they have the character of the pit. You have one of the nicest facilities in the state.

We share our school dollars with two other high schools-how many high schools in your county do you share with?

You have a great team this year, and I wish you guys all the best. We will see you next year in the pit!!!!

Well, actually, it was before the game even started, so they weren't defeated, YET. But hey, that's ok. I've heard worse. I also didn't say you don't have "nice" facilites, they are just a little "small" for a 5-A school. The stadium itself is very nice. Good view of the field, well lit, teams do not have to walk a mile from the field to the dressing rooms. Although, I think it taking advantage of the situation having a seperate, fenced in, parking lot on the visitor's side and them charging them $2.00 to park. I mean, who is going to drive 2 1/2 hours up there and then go back home because they are not going to pay to park? No one.

Good luck to Coach Joslin and the Cavaliers the rest of the season, hopefully we will see you again in the playoffs.

Hey give us a break-the only way we can ever have facilities as nice as the pit is to charge the pit goers a fee. We were in Columbia last week as the visitors and we had to pay $2 a car to park as well.

Just wait to you go the the state championship game-you wish you would only have to pay $2 to park.

But I agree it is kinda of tacky!!! Same as in baseball-the parents have to pay to watch their kids play after raising all the money for the booster club.

But maybe all that will change because now we have the LOTTERY!!! It is the cure all for everything that is wrong in our state or so says Cohen!!!

[

#3. Your fans, which were seated in the student section, that were screaming (and I am quoting their words) "Overrated", and "Lincoln County stinks!!!" is a little absurd. Not to mention, and this came from A Cookeville administrator, "you have 1-A accomodations for a 5-A school" That's OK, all in al it was not a bad game, no serious injuries for either team. Good sportsmanship on both sides for the most part was displayed, and as far as I know, everyone made it back home safely, so it was a good evening. ;)

Well, like people on here have said, They werent going to start shouting, U are awesome. I dont, however, think half of the students had any idea how good Lincoln County is. Im sure they know now.

By the way, Your Quarterback reminded me of Senika Wallace from Iowa State last year. Amazing speed. Ive always heard he can throw, but its obvious he can run when needed.

[

#3. Your fans, which were seated in the student section, that were screaming (and I am quoting their words) "Overrated", and "Lincoln County stinks!!!" is a little absurd. Not to mention, and this came from A Cookeville administrator, "you have 1-A accomodations for a 5-A school" That's OK, all in al it was not a bad game, no serious injuries for either team. Good sportsmanship on both sides for the most part was displayed, and as far as I know, everyone made it back home safely, so it was a good evening.  :angry:

Well, like people on here have said, They werent going to start shouting, U are awesome. I dont, however, think half of the students had any idea how good Lincoln County is. Im sure they know now.

By the way, Your Quarterback reminded me of Senika Wallace from Iowa State last year. Amazing speed. Ive always heard he can throw, but its obvious he can run when needed.

Michael can throw the ball really well. Firday night's game against Cookeville was, by far, his worst passing night of the season. He lit it up against Franklin COunty, and has passed the ball really well in the other games. For the season, he is 28 of 61 for 595 yards with 10 TD's and only 1 interception, to go along with his 72 rushes for 578 yards and 4 TD's. The second team offensive line has gotten a lot of playing time the last couple of games and probably will the rest of the season when they can, so that gives Michael a little less time to get his passes off. If he can stay healthy, I think he will end up with a really good year.