Kingston vs. Anderson County

skipper66

Anderson County 20 -- Kingston 14

A hard fought game in every regard.

Kingston had been faking a reverse to Josh Wade a few times during the first half.

In the second half they gave this speedster the ball. He was already past the defense when the ref pulled his hankie. The refs needed a huddle to decide what to call. Drew Mc flat pancaked the safety and the refs decided he must have been holding. I guess.

The other strange no call was when the AC tailback ran down the side line for a score. Rather ran on the side line twice on his way around defenders. The refs were out of position or just ignored the obvious out of bounds. Maybe they thought it was tennis where on the line is in.

Anderson County may be #2 in the state. But on this Friday night they were the #2 team on the field.

Go Jackets. Kingston played a great game.

Three words for Anderson county -- Fulton and Austin-East.

Good Effort for Kingston after OS blasted them 42-21 last week.

The refs sometimes can be an obstacle. Usually it evens out. Ask Oliver Spriings last year at Kingston.

You know something im so sick and tired seeing you run your mouth about Oliver Springs this and that. Instead of giving Kingston credit on a good game you have to bring up last week. WHO CARES!! that was last week. I hope Seymour & Rockwood beat you all the next 2 weeks to see what you have to say next week.

Kingston good job tonight keep your heads up and get a victory next week.

The refs had no actual play in the game. Kingston had plenty of opportunities. But I guess for every losing team there is a losing excuse. Also, this makes AC more dangerous for now they might get their head out of their butts and play b/c their stretch still consists of FUlton, AE, Lenoir City, and Scott Co. And all of these teams are capable of beating AC. For Kingston, you have a young team and everyone has to pay their dues, also you all will get a few big wins down the stretch...

Kingston clearly won this game everwhere except for the scoreboard( thanks to the refs) Anderson County is a good but on tonight they were beat by the Jackets. I was at the game standing on th fence and the player clearly stepped out of bounce twice. Another thing is how can you hold on a flat-back block....

Kingston won this game but sometimes the better team doesn't always win.Kingston is a young team and you better believe that they are coming next year.....And as for O.S. I wounldn't be braggin too soon you still have a tough schedule. Seymour ( a killer). Rockwood - had some set backs but that will make them play harder.

CCHS

It seems you have a problem with OS winning. YOu have placed them 5th in the region at the begining of the year and stated they are grossly overated since week 1. You have gone out of your way to express your dislike of Oliver Springs. I'm sorry their success is stinging somewhat. I think that is more the issue than any posts of mine that talk about the success of the Bobcats.

My point is the officiating isn't always going to be even balanced. It all evens out. I do think Kingston performance was a great one. For the Yellow Jacket to rebound and take one of the better AAA teams to the wire, speaks volumes about King and his coaching staff.

Edited by OS91

CCHS

It seems you have a problem with OS winning. YOu have placed them 5th in the region at the begining of the year and stated they are grossly overated since week 1. You have gone out of your way to express your dislike of Oliver Springs. I'm sorry their success is stinging somewhat. I think that is more the issue than any posts of mine that talk about the success of the Bobcats.

My point is the officiating isn't always going to be even balanced. It all evens out. I do think Kingston performance was a great one. For the Yellow Jacket to rebound and take one of the better AAA teams to the wire, speaks volumes about King and his coaching staff.

Good post OS91. There were some bad calls, but at the end of the day, Kingston didn't make the final stop when it was 14-14. Kingston turned the ball over too much - again - and that cost them, too.