CATHOLIC vs. wartburg

DIsh08

It's hard to disagree with Tank, but neither team has impressed me this year. If John T. can pull his troops together than Wartburg should take this one home 21-7, but if the team falls aparts just like they did in my land, (the land of OZ) than it will be a very long night for the Wartburg Bulldogs. The "once mighty" bulldogs are still as mighty as they every were, you guys are taking for granted this VERY strong O.S. team. I think the running game of Yates should keep this close.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic should be favored in this game. Wartburg just needs to get back to the basics and get ready for Sweetwater next week, because it will probably determine which team stays home for the playoffs and which team advances. How much is large Tank?

hehe Brian, you wanting to win that crisp dollar back? Actually, large could be stretching it. If the 'Dogs can control some clock and sustain some drives, this one could be a great game.

Vinny told me the other night, though, Catholic was favored by 13

Sometimes records can be deceiving, case in point is Catholic. Yes they beat a pretty good GP team but who have they played recently. The players can't pick who they will play week in and out, but the schedule maker for the Irish has taken it upon themself to make it "cupcake city" and it may come back to bite them. The Bulldogs have a good team and this week in practice will decide the outcome of the game for them. If the get back to work and forget about the last couple weeks they are a whole lot better than any of the Irish's recent opponents and much, much more physical. Depends which Bulldog team shows up, "Dare I say a Wartburg win, YES."

He probably meant Aytes. At any rate, the leaders of the Dawgs better step up. If there is dissention in the ranks, then it will be a long night again. Still missing Hamm, Gibson, and the other Armes boy. Leadership has faded. The Dawgs are in trouble. Catholic, 21, Dogs 12; bad as I hate to see a good Morgan team go down.

Im sorry but catholic has this one easily. They have beaten G.P early in the year and Father Ryan which is supposed to be a member of the so called "super 7." If i remember correctly they won fairly easily. Wartburg lost to Rockwood in a close game and Catholic scrimmaged them late in the summer and dominated. I know a scrimmage is not much to go on but it shows what they are capable of. Catholic has yet to earn respect and I think thy deserve some.

I say Catholic 42-6