Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

Guest Oakland

anybody wanna voice their opinion on how this game will go, predictions or just conversation in general? i usually would be chomping at the bit to voice my opinion but i think i will reserve it until monday or tuesday

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, since some think I don't know what I'm talking about. . .

You know what, I will anyway. Riverdale comes up with the win in this one. Coming off a huge win against a small team, they'll be eager for a challenge, and will want to take their frustrations at their early season losses on Oakland.

-JohnC

Yeah region4fan its kind of weird how the big Battle of the Boro is always played at Tomahawk. BUT DONT GET ME INTO THAT WHOLE DEBATE. Well it seems as though this is the year to beat the Warriors at home, but im sure Riverdale will not allow Oakland to just walk in their and win. :unsure:

Riverdale is scheduled to play at Oakland next year. I could be wrong, but I think the contracts are 2-year deals (home and home). Not sure how they determine the home team for which game, maybe coin flip or they just come to an agreement. maybe they have a computer that works it all out.

If I had to guess, I would say that OHS wanted to go on the road this year and be at home next year. They have five at home and five on the road this year. Had they played RHS at Freedom field this year they may have only had four home games next year?

BTW, Riverdale has the 6 home games this year. Consider the possibility that both teams got stuck in a scheduling dilemna and this schedule was the result.

Hey, maybe Riverdale got screwed. :unsure:

I'l bet that 50% of the time Oakland is the home team. No fair counting the playoffs because the teams earn that home-field advantage.

Now for my prediction. I'm not ready to name a winner or give the score but I am willing to predict that the game will occur Friday night at 7:30 and both teams will score. :P

For any outsiders viewing this thread. The first real "home" game was last year at Riverdale. All previous games were at MTSU beacuse none of the 'Boro teams had fields until 2001. Not sure why Oakland held their home game in 2001 at MTSU. I believe their field was ready at that time.

Complete history of the Battle of the 'Boro:

Battle of the Boro

From an outsider's prospective, I don't see the PATS having the horses to stay with the WARRIORS in this one! Riverdale in my opinion is one of the best 2 loss teams in the state. I know that this has been one of the greatest rivalries of all times, which usually play a role in the outcome, but not this one. Riverdale just has too many horses this year. I wish you both well! I wish I could be there to see this one, but it is homecoming at Lincoln County.

Guest region4fan

It is my understanding that since the Battle of the Boro attracts such a gigantic crowd, it was decided to play the game at MTSU to accomodate the fans each year.Oakland's field was ready in 2001, and had already been played there. It was an agreement by the coaches at both schools to play it at Middle. There was a huge crowd and if I am not mistaken, Riverdale collected some of the money that was made that year. It was expected that the game the following year would be played at Middle as well, and Riverdale would be the home team, but give some of the proceeds to Oakland. Again, this would be done to accomodate all the fans. Instead Rankin pulled a fast one and played at Tomahawk. The schedules are on a two year contract, that is right. Somehow Rankin was able to get hom efield again this year. The running joke is that he had a two-headed coin that he used. Then he passed it to Lebanon's coach to use. Results.....Oakland is on the road for both for the second year in a row. The joke is further inhanced when Thomas from Lavergne says that Rankin promised the coin to him when he and Marty flipped for their game. But Rankin pulled another fast one, and Marty got the coin. Result...Laverge at Oakland for the 2nd year in a row. Only the coaches know the real truth.