Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

Does Oakland even have a chance

Absolutely!!!!!!! If they can do it, this is the year. Oakand is loaded with Seniors (quality seniors) that have been looking forward to this year for a long time. They beat Riverdale as freshman, and believe they can do it again. Riverdale only has a handful of seniors and only a couple of them even play. What this game comes down to is:

Oakland's seniors v. Riverdale's juniors and sophomores.

Croach's early pick:

Riverdale 28

Oakland 21

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my two cents, Riverdale a lot and Oakland not enough. By the way, Im not toejam so don't threaten to kill me because I am quote unquote attacking you (region4fan). Everything he has said about Oakland being an okay team is true. They aren't the team they were a couple of years ago. And neither is Mt. Juliet for that matter.

Guest Oakland

kinda funny how everybody associated with oakland/riverdale thinks this will be a close game, but everybody else thinks this is a blowout, intruiging..............

Guest region4fan

Sorry to disappoint you, but my school days are LONG behind me , utdontplay.

I guess you didn't see the 2 games last year against Riverdale. Oakland hung in there for both. Britton had not thrown an INT in 14 games til they played us. He threw 2 and one was returned for a TD. Now I realize that the bottom line is the final score and we came up short. But we gave them all they wanted and actually led scorewise at one point, which no one had been able to do. We did beat them in 98 when we won the state. Yes, that was awhile back, but better than most can say.

Now back to the present.Yes, our boys, coaches, and fans want this one really bad. Yes, we have played inconsistently this season.BUT.... No matter who we have played, we could have folded when we got drilled by BA and by LC. But we didn't. We had a very respectable score against Franklin, who some feel could beat LC . ( they only lost by 3 to them in the first game this season) Our seniors did beat Riverdale as freshmen, so they have tasted victory against them once.Riverdale has proven that they are beatable this year. Their home streak is over.

Oakland has handled adversity this year. They have been chastised for only having 31 kids. They have been counted out b/c they they have many players going both ways. They lost good friends to Siegel's football....some in a questionable way. They have had fair weather fans not to stand behind them. They lost their principal that was so supportive of their program all these years. They had a blow out game televised on cable. Of course there are others as well. But these kids have hung in there and fought. They have made much progress. Ther ehas been no in house fueding or finger pointing. These kids are here to stay. I am never going to desert them or pick against. Do I think that they can beat Riverdale at Tomahawk?? YES I DO!!!!

Edited by region4fan

Guest Oakland

maybe the reason why nolan was so supportive is because he was the head man at oakland for a lil while....... but as far as administative support, oakland will not miss a beat with Mr. Tackett, very likeable guy and even use to be a coach himself, and a pretty good one at that, just ask anybody that is involved with lavergne girls basketball