Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't sell the Patriot's short, they have some excellent athletes with some good speed. The biggest thing that they are up against is most of their good players are going both ways and by the end of the first half and in the fourth Qt. they are very tired, not a knock against them at all, they are just on the field all the time.

But, that having been said this is probably the biggest game of the year for them, especially as far as pride goes, and in the rivalry games like this, who knows.

On the other side of the coin Riverdale sure has an embarrassment of riches as far as depth goes. I was amazed when we played them how they could run one player out and another in and not lose anything. They are the posterchild for depth :D

Guest region4fan

Yeah it is hard to believe that Siegel has less than 40 players, Blackman has 40, and Oakland has 31. Riverale has 90. Looks like the new schools opening really didn't affect them at all. Of course when you have a ring, kids come out of the woodwork to be a part of your program. Of course, none of their 90 kids seem to be the "hanger on" kind of kids. Instead they are interchangeable with the starters!

Edited by region4fan

Guest region4fan

Oakland didn't let Deaderick Morris kick this week. He was hurt at the LC game. He did play some defense though against Blackman. I think everyone else is good to go. Thank the good LORD above.

Edited by region4fan

Guest region4fan

Yeah, I like Yates a lot. Who is Burnett? Did you see that I gave kudos and praise to Ebal?? He did a dynamite job this past week. Hopefully, that was just a taste of even better to come.

Guest Oakland

punter, #12, and i agree ebal played on both sides of the ball, made some real fine tackles on defense and made crisp passes and ran the ball effieciently on offense

Edited by oakland2001

Guest region4fan

I think it made all of the difference for Ebal to play defense . It kept him from stiffening up on the sidelines, as he is known to cramp easily. I was stunned when he recovered that fumble. Until then, I had not realized he was playing D. I tell ya Burton has played like a champion too.

Guest Oakland

yeah i think playing free safety really fits ebal well, ebal is an athletic guy and with the free safety position, he can play center field and be an effective tackler, as for the recovering the fumble, i think he is used to doing that :D . but yes burnett is a freshmen and also is a qb for the freshmen team, which we will have to rely on heavily next year, but has done fairly well this year.

Guest region4fan

They have some big lineman on that freshman team too. I am surprised that Coach Ferg and Coach Moose haven't stolen a couple of them to help give the HOGS a blow.