Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Peck's father is Paul Peck, former AD and Head Basketball coach at Cumberland University. Coach Peck accepted a similar position last year at Lindsey-Wilson (SP?) University in Kentucky. They moved up there last Christmas. He was at the Lincoln Co. Game the other night. I don't remember the high school Greg attends, but they were 5-0 at the time. He and his father were visiting here during fall break.

Greg Peck's father is Paul Peck, former AD and Head Basketball coach at Cumberland University. Coach Peck accepted a similar position last year at Lindsey-Wilson (SP?) University in Kentucky. They moved up there last Christmas. He was at the Lincoln Co. Game the other night. I don't remember the high school Greg attends, but they were 5-0 at the time. He and his father were visiting here during fall break.

He was a good little player for Oakland last year. I hate to see him gone. He would have help a depleted senior class next year.

Guest Oakland

no need for oakland to show up eh? why dont you tell those boys that have worked hard all year long to this point! i am sure they will appreciate that you think they dont belong on the same field as riverdale

ebal is a senior, this is last chance to prove to the oakland community that he can deliver on what he started his freshmen, by beating riverdale. you are foolish to think that ebal will be intimidated, i can guarantee you he wont even flinch!

Ebal has played 4 games against Riverdale's varsity; 3 at rhs and the game at MTSU. Oakland has been out scored 118-33 in those games. 20 pts. came in one game and I know 14 pts. were scored by the defense. The only part of Tomahawk that Ebal is familiar with is the lights, the only thing he can see on his back. He will have flashbacks worse than a war vetern when he walks the "trail of fears" on Friday night. But like you said you can throw the record books out the door with this one. And by the way when ebal was a freshman he played against probably the worst freshman team ever to wear red and gold. Riverdale has only a handful of seniors this year, but they have a lot of depth ( 90 players). Ebal might survive this year because I can't hit him, unless he gets to close to our sidelines.

Guest Oakland

i echo oland's sentiments. at the end of the game on friday night, oakland will turn you so called "trail of fears" into the trail of tears for the warriors. and even if rvierdale had their usual solid freshmen team, i doubt the would have beaten this bunch, they were nearly unbeatable as freshmen, so dont use that excuse, cuz only losers have to use excuses to justidy themselves

The most amazing thing to me about this game is the apparent lack of interest, comparatively speaking. I would have thought this game would have as many "Views" as any game this week. It's not even close.

Macon Co. vs Trousdale....2406 views

Franklin vs Brentwood.......1208 views

MBA vs CBHS ................. 947 views

Oakland vs Riverdale ..........578 views.

Go figure. I predict a good game....certainly no blow out.

Guest Oakland

toejam, i would just like to extend an apology this week for some of the comments that have been thrown at you by myself and region4fan, obviously this week carries some emotional weight and all of us have said some things that we wish could take back, but thats in the past now. so on the behalf of the oakland family i would like to apologize and invite to what promises to be a great game friday night.

Apology accepted, I also apologize, I just thought it was funny to get people riled up over a message board, but I realize it is more than that. It is the Oakland pride that I was attacking, and I apologize FOR IT. So to region4fan, I hope you don't hate me anymore, and I am sincere with zero sarcasm. Go Pats and Warriors, and also GO BEARS!

P.S. everything that I have said, is in the past now, so let's not talk about it anymore.