Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Croach....so you liked those hot dogs....................told ya.

What side are you sitting on??

Whew...I am hoping that the announcer from Riverdale has some throat problems and will be AWOL tonight. Better yet................................won't have an opportunity to yell that obnoxious battle cry.

Good luck............................looking forward to hearing some scores and watching my boys ROLL!!

Croach....so you liked those hot dogs....................told ya.

What side are you sitting on??

Whew...I am hoping that the announcer from Riverdale has some throat problems and will be AWOL tonight. Better yet................................won't have an opportunity to yell that obnoxious battle cry.

Good luck............................looking forward to hearing some scores and watching my boys ROLL!!

I forgot to mention the announcer...the Patriots can win even if he's there, but it would be nice if someone could convince him that a high school football game isn't WWF Smackdown. Whatever happened to good sportsmanship and class???

What does this announcer do that is so "annoying"?

Things like:

FIRST DOOOWWNNNNNNNN RRRRRRRRRRRIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Oakland gets a first down.

TOUCHDOOOOWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIVERDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Touchdown Oakland.

I mean, I understand that a home announcer will get a LITTLE more excited when the home team scores, but that guy is ridiculous and annoying - like he's announcing the wrestlers for WWF Smackdown. Like I said, whatever happened to class and sportsmanship, especially considering that Riverdale has such a consistently good program?

Guest region4fan

The trivia got VERY annoying and seemed to be asked when we did something that should have been announced . HAHA

Congrats to Riverdale. Great atmosphere, great crowd, great tradition, great win.

But...................I still love my Patriots! I have to say that we had our chances to win this game. I thought that starting off with the on sides quick was a real ballbreaker. What guts! WOW!! We forced a fumble right after that that should have been for six. I have to give Riverdale's D some credit , and we were backed up all night by the punts and kick offs. Kudos to your kicker.

I just have to compliment Oakland's D line. I really think they are probably the best in the region hands down.SOLID!! Well-coached....hats off to you Coach Moose. Those kids play with heart and emotion. They plug it up. SMITTY..................you are just so underrated! Some school needs to snap you up cause you are definitely college material. I have to admit that I kept thinking we were going to pull it out. I never lost my faith in you guys. It was such a thrill to see AJ get the touchdown. AJ....we are so proud of what you gave up to be with us.I promise you won't regret it.

Heads up boys...it will all pay off. Don't lose the fighting spirit. There's a lot of football left to be played and won!!! Keep believing!

Great game by the Oakland crew.

I think the weather put a damper on things. Both coaches seemed to be very conservative. Lots of mistakes. My guess is that neither team is very happy with how they played.

Region, you are right, there is a lot of football left. Oakland definitely hung in there for all four quarters. What did you think about the two fumbles in the 1st Qtr? I thought Thomas was clearly down and I thought your receiver never had possession on the long pass/fumble. I guess it was a wash but those were potentially some big calls.

If we see each other again this year I hope it is in round 3.

BTW, I think our DL is pretty good. I don't think I would trade them for anyone else's, especially since they all have a year of eligibility left.

Again, my hats off to OHS for a great game.