Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

Guest region4fan

Tdc Yeah you were right on the money about both calls that you mentioned. Also I thought it was clearly pass interference when #37 was on #6, Frame. They were right in front of me and there was no way the ref didn't see it. But again, we had our chances and din't capitalize on them. I too hope to meet in round three.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tdc Yeah you were right on the money about both calls that you mentioned. Also I thought it was clearly pass interference when #37 was on #6, Frame. They were right in front of me and there was no way the ref didn't see it. But again, we had our chances and din't capitalize on them. I too hope to meet in round three.

If y'all are gonna meet in the playoffs I'd rather it be in the second round. ;)

Guest Oakland

great effort by both teams tonight, was really proud of my boys being in there till the end, i really thought that oakland was finally gonna get riverdale at tomahawk. i agree with tdcman as well, i think the weather had somethin to do with the way euverard and rankin called the ballgames, and great call by rankin on 4&2 with the naked bootleg to thomas. not to be critical though, i think riverdale's offense looked very average without rahmel oliver in the lineup, then maybe again maybe oakland d-line was playing that well. i loved this atmosphere for this game except for one thing: when we play riverdale at oakland next year and if riverdale students start trying to strut their stuff like they did tonight, i will not hesitate to deck a couple of em, they had no respect whatsoever for those of us watching the game. and i would be estatic if we saw you guys in round 3, i feel that if oakland keeps on improving week to week and can build on these last 2 games, that potential lincoln-oakland matchup could be an absolute showdown! but not worried about LC right now, i am focused on lebanon, winning 24-7 at the inferno is no easy task, and if we win next week, that would set up a battle with smyrna for 2nd place.

I thought both offenses looked pretty ordinary last night. Riverdale attempted 2 passes all night, is that correct? Rahmel should be back next week but it is worrisome when your passing game relies on one player so much.

We had quite a bit of success running the ball in the first half but OHS really got tough at the LOS in the 2d half. That is probably because OHS fugured out that we weren't gong to pass the ball and just stacked the LOS against the run.

Croach's quick synopsis:

Great game, I was very impressed with both Defenses. You had the feeling that if anyone scored twice they'd win.

I was shocked at Riverdale's punting and kickoffs. And I know everyone is tired of hearing about Oakland's low numbers, but did you see all the kids on Riverdale's sidelines? :P

I can't wait until these 2 meet again.

p.s. The cheeseburgers at Warrior field are pretty good. I recommend them to everyone!

Edited by Croach

Guest Oakland

which disproves this stupid theory that oakland cant play with the bog dogs because of their low numbers, oakland showed it can be done last night against a riverdale team 3 times as big.

Guest Oakland

and i both mean to ruffle anybody's feathers, but my buddies that i went to the game with last night, i had told em several times that i thought we could contain riverdale offense, and for the most part we did, not only were offenses ordinary last night but they have been for pretty much the whole season, especially oakland's but i have to give my boys credit, they made enough big plays to win the ballgame last night, just didnt execute inside the 35.

Guest region4fan

Riverdale................Agree with you about both calls being wrong. Fortunately for you guys , we didn't score on that fumble, so it really didn't end up hurting you.

I am not sure how many passes Thomas threw, but know he got one intercepted. I think Ebal got 2 picked off. We were glad about the last INT though as it went farther downfield than our punt would have. HAHA!! Both teams passing games could use some work.

Croach, didn't try any cheesburgers. My stomach was too in knots to eat anything. Just wondered if it always rains at Tomahwk for an Oakland game? Didn't it rain last year for both?? I am hoping there will be no more rain on Fri nights the rest of the way. I heard a few cowbells on our side...........but never noticed Riverdale's. It really is just a factor on the radio , isn't it?? Still wondering what side you sat on, Croach? You keep avoiding telling me.