Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

31 players is the biggest liability of all. Math dictates that half of Oaklands players must play almost every snap in the game. Riverdale has depth to rotate and keep fresh players on the field.

I think too much is being made of Oakland's lack of depth...31 players. Anyone county the players on Lincoln County's team. They only had 10-12 more than Oakland, and some of them have to play both ways, too.

I think Oakland will surprise some people.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

yes it is, but when you constantly turn the ball over and give lincoln co the ball inside oakland's 35 everytime, 51 pts is easy to figure up. but trust me when i say that is about as bad as a oakland performance as i have seen since euverard has been here, if you went to the game friday night, you would see a much different oakland team.

It's a sad state of affairs when a Riverdale team only wins 10 or 11 games. :angry:

If we win 11 that will mean we made at least the semi-finals.

This is a very important game on Friday night to set up that stretch run. Riverdale just needs to concentrate on getting better and more consistent each week.

I just don't know what to expect from the game based on both team's performances this year.

Guest region4fan

I can tell you what to expect.....a great ballgame with 2 well-disciplined and well-coached teams that have lots of talent and lots of heart. No matter what happens , these kids have respect for each other.

Good luck Warriors! I hope that everyone is praying for a safe trip for the fans, players, and visitors. Also please pray for an injury free game full of good sportsmanship and decent officiating.

Edited by region4fan

Guest Oakland

was planning on going to that, but too much darn college work, anybody wanna trade their job for being a college student? B) but seriously i think croach went so croach if you are listening, i expect a detailed, play-by-play report, but only if it is in oakland's favor :angry:

Yeah, where are ya croach?

THE MINI BATTLE OF THE BORO.

I'm here fellas! The mini Battle of the Boro was very one sided. The score ended up 28-16. Which looks repectable. But Oakland Freshman didn't have a first down until after halftime. Oakland returned their first kickoff for a touchdown after Riverdale put together a long drive. Riverdale is lacking in the speed department, but they are huge. From the stands before the game, I was surprised at the big boys Oakland had. THen when they lined up against Riverdale they almost got swallowed. Riverdale scored all 4 touchdowns on long, pound'em drives. Nothing flashy. Oakland scored their other touchdown during mop-up time, but they did recover an onside kick, so the last 5 minutes got interesting. It was just a great night to be at a football game.