Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Man, a fella goes out of town for just ONE day and all heckfire breaks loose on the boards!! What came over you Oakland2001???

I am catching up on my reading , and found a terrific article on AJ in the DNJ. What a nice tribute to him. We are fortunate to have AJ on board. he has contributed much to this team. I know that he is happy at OHS, and I am hoping that this victory will be dedicated to him.

Patriots , I hope you are having a great week of practice. Continue to honor the Patriot creed that Oakland2001 has included in his signature. Great job!

We know that you can prevail over the Warriors! Your destiny rests in your capable hands.

Guest Oakland

well when ya got some of these people saying riverdale in a landslide and that oakland doesnt deserve to be on the same field as riverdale, it tends to get me a little fired up. i think oakland has a very legit chance of winning this one if they play within their means, and by talkin to one player, i got a very positive vibe that it will happen. just to let you boys know that me and region are gonna for 100% no matter how bad the result is, which i dont think we have to worry about it being a blowout but you never know. but give it all u got guys and i will be proud of ya no matter what. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest region4fan

Oakland, you did good fighting the fight for our boys. What I was talking about was with Toejam.

I am not worried even one inkling about our Patriots. They are going to walk the walk.

Looks like the chaince of rain is increasing for Friday. Does a wet track favor the Warriors or the Patriots? My take is that it would neutrtalize Riverdale's speed and quickness somewhat.

Becasue of who they have lost to Oakland still gets a lot of respect in the polls, even with a 3-3 record. unapproved website has Riverdale at #10 and Oakland at #13. That sounds pretty darn close to me.

Like most games, this one will likely come down to desire, execution, and turnovers. In their two losses Riverdale has been hit hard with the turnover bug. I think the same holds true for Oakland. Both teams have fared well when the defenses have showed up.

I'd say this is shaping up to be a good one.

In my opinion, this is a BIG rivalry and a big game....just like Franklin vs. Brentwood.

The amazing thing to me is the interest the game between Macon and Trousdale has stirred. That thread has TWICE as many "views" as Oakland/Riverdale AND Franklin/Brentwood COMBINED.

There must be some rabid fans in that area. Don't you just love high school football?

Looks like the chaince of rain is increasing for Friday. Does a wet track favor the Warriors or the Patriots?

I think the rain favors Riverdale. The rain should make this game a ground game. And taking away Ebal to Frame is huge. Now you look at backfields and although Crawford might be the best back in the region, I still like Frazier, Dalton, Miller, Spike, Thomas over Crawford, Alexander, and Roper. And Luter.

Now to play Devil's Advocate. I'll take Oakland's O-line over Riverdale's. It ought to be a great game, let's hope for no rain!!

And I'll be at the mini Battle of the Boro, these hot dogs better be good!!!! ;)