HUNTLAND--COLLINWOOD

orange

Upset! Hornets will sting the Trojans. I saw Collinwood play Moore Co. and Collinwood is ok but not great. If Huntland plays good for 4 quarters they will win. Collinwood beat a below par Moore County team. Collinwood has lots of areas where a well coached team will take them to the cleaners. :P

Enlighten me on some of these areas, please.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntland is not going to beat Collinwood. In fact, I'll be surprised if they play within two touchdowns. It doesn't seem that C'wood is as good this year as they have been, but they've been unbelievably tough in this region the last three years. Thus, they could afford to drop off a bit and still win the region.

Huntland will not beat C'wood unless they can establish the pass early. I have seen both teams more than once and Huntland's running game was suspect. The Fanning kid runs hard but holes were few and far between. He was also unable to get the corner against W.C. C'wood puts 10 in the box and single covers any split outs. They also seem to blitz all backers most of the time. They may be reading some , but I don't think so. I believe in order to be succesful against them you must force them to play more pass protective. This is very hard for Wing -T teams to do. The Waggle pass is uneffective if the G or buck is getting blown up. Ask MC. Collinwood 's speed on offense also wioll present problems. These are just the observations of an outsider looking in. I hope both teams have an injury free night.

BOB

I HOPE #55 IS NOT HURT VERY BAD AND WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY FRIDAY NIGHT. INJURIES ARE BAD FOR ANYONE. WE HAVE A FEW OUT FOR THE GAME ALSO. MOST OF THE POSTS SEEM TO INDICATE THAT HUNTLAND DOES NOT HAVE A CHANCE. THE HUNTLAND PLAYERS THINK THEY HAVE A CHANCE OF PULLING A BIG UPSET FRIDAY NIGHT. I THINK BOTH TEAMS ARE CLASSY ORGANIZATIONS AND BOTH WILL PUT FORTH A TREMENDOUS EFFORT. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS. HAVE AN INJURY FREE GAME. I AM FOR THE HORNETS BUT I DO RESPECT THE COLLINWOOD PROGRAM......