OS vs. Seymour

proudeagle

Both these teams seem to be on a roll with 5-1 records and both seem to have put the losses behind them. But i'm just wondering who's going to win this tough non-region game. It seems to be that everyone from OS is forgetting about Seymour and focusing on the game against Rockwood. They better not being doing that or else it will be a long night for OS. I think Seymour will win this game with Defense as usual, but their offense has gotten better from the GP game. I think Seymour will win by 2 TDs. Good luck EAGLES!!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour is a though ball team, but OS has a good team this year as well is playing very well. OS beat up on a Kingston team (42-21) that could probably compete for the region 1-AA title. I'm not going to offer a prediction, but if Seymour wins, it most definatly will not be by 2 TDs.

This is without quesiton one of the better non region games in the state not just this weekend, but all season.

Seymour, the Sevier County Champs plays a very similar style of football as Oliver Springs. The two teams are very physcial and wear other defenses down at the line. Both Defenses are capable of dominating games. Even though, AA and AAA team, these two could play with bigger teams as evidenced by Seymour beating up on Seveir County in week 1.

You have to look to star players that make a difference. QB DJ Whalen is eergin as that special player for the Bobcats. He rushed for 175 yards and 4 TD's against Kingston. Last week, Whalen then threw 4 TD's passes and 200 yards against a good Wartburg team. The receipnt of most of these passes was WR super sophomore David Collett. Additionally, RB Andrew Hayes is well over 700 yards with 9 touchdowns on the year placing him as one of the top 5 rushers in Knoville Metro area.

The Bobcat Offense seems to be clicking on all gears. Seymour will be a hug challenge for OS. This is a series where OS was winless in the 90's. That is in the mind of Coach Frank Johnson and will be conveyed to the Purple and Gold.

OS is due for a win against Seymour

OS 24 Seymour 14

When is the last time Coach Frank Johnson and his Bobcats beat Seymour?? Never dating back to the 1993 when the series started my friends. Can the Cats win at Seymour this year?? I'll be back later with my thoughts!!

OSHSman, that OS-Kingston game could have been much, much different had Kingston's stud back Patrick Johnson played. However, he was missing his 3rd straight game with Mono!!

Edited by Bobericks

Who the heck is Patrick Johnson, I know my buddy Chad Johnson missed the game, but I don't recall a Patrick Johnson on the team. OS wore Kingston out up and down the feild, you could have had T.A. McClendon back there and the running game still wouldn't have gone anywhere. The only reason Kingston stayed in the game was through the air. so I don't think "Patrick" would have had much to do with that game, and he agrees with me.

I'll give the edge to Seymour because of the Mental issues from previous OS-Seymour meetings. Have any of the players seen it up close and personal? No, but they've no doubt heard about it or will. Oliver Springs needs to establish the run very early to set up the passing game against a good Seymour defense. The key will be the OS backfield in this one. If they get off to a good start, OS has a very good chance to win, but if not, the Eagles will take this one by a TD or two.