CBHS vs MBA update thread

BigSneaky

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES THIS WAS A GOOD GAME, BUT IF YOU WERE THERE YOU SAW THE WORST OFFICIATED GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!! WITHOUT THE OFFICIALS THE BIG RED WOULD HAVE BEEN UP 21-7 EARLY, THEY(OFFICIALS) STUNK THE JOINT OUT. IT'S SAD BECAUSE CBHS HAS A GOOD TEAM AND MBA CAN'T WAIT FOR ROUND 2 WITHOUT THE BIAS OFFICIATING. NEXT TIME CBHS WILL SEE A REAL SCORE, 13-7, DOESN'T SHOW HOW BADLY CBHS WAS DEFEATED AND THE PLAYERS AND COACHES KNOW IT, IF YOU DOUBT IT LOOK AT THE FULL REPLAY, THE TAPES PROVE, THE GROSS OFFICIATING, AND A FEW(3) DROPPED PASSES. GOOD LUCK(CBHS) NEXT TIME YOU'LL NEED IT "ROLL RED ROLL"

eh3,

You appear to be a new poster, so let me give you a few pointers. First, it is bad board etiquette to post in all caps, It is considered a no-no. Second, true MBA supporters never make excuses, whine about officiating or attempt to "show up" an opponent with trash talk.

If you are indeed an MBA student or fan, please remember who you represent on here and post accordingly. The Big Red and the Purple Wave both deserve credit for a great game.

This was a great HS football game. A defensive struggle largely because the field was horrible. There was standing water on areas of the field even though the rain stopped in the morning?!?

CB played very well and had several dropped passes. Their defense swarmed, did a super job of clogging up the middle, and their linebackers pursued well on the outside. The Brothers QB, who I knew was good, was much better than I expected. He had at least 3 and probably more dropped passes. The penalties that hurt CB were mostly procedures and one unsportsman-like conduct where a fist was thrown...

MBA was hurt by penalties. An ineligible man downfield(ALL 5 linemen were protecting the QB- look at the film) call prevented an MBA score(would have had it at the one) and an offensive pass interference call (could not see any PI on the replay-I may be wrong but it looked like a dreamed up call).

You had to be there to understand how bad the field was. For such a nice facility that CB has(and it was really great with a lot of tailgating, super nice fans, beautiful campus) the field was a big negative surprise. Footing was horrible and definitely hurt both offenses.

Lot of non CB Memphis fans were there. Many were strongly complaining about the officiating throughout the year. I must add that I saw one particular officail at half time hugging, shaking hands, and generally yukking it up with several people. I may be wrong but at a game I think it looks awfully suspicious to have the refs yukking it up with the fans. It makes you wonder and is at least bad form.

Net net-on a sloppy nasty fields the linemen (and officials) will tell the tale. On this night MBA gutted it out and got a well deserved win over a great CB team.

TSSAA-Some of your officials are getting bad names. I understand judgement calls but do any of you look at film?!??

I was at the game and the offensive pass interference call on MBA was a good call by the refs. The CBHS DB had good coverage on the reciever, and probably would have deflected the pass had the MBA guy not pushed off. Anyway, I just hope that we'll play again for the championship in the playoffs, and hopefully, CBHS will have their best skill position player back(Harris, who starts at RB and CB) and some other players with some nagging injuries will be healthy again.

In an earlier post on this thread, I read that CBHS's 2 starting CB's(Harris and Seguin) would be back by the playoffs, but I heard that from one of the trainers that Harris might be back by the playoffs and that Seguin has no chance to be back. I was just wondering if I am wrong here(maybe I misunderstood the trainer that told me this), and are both guys going to be back for sure?