LA at Portland

shine

Let's look at our common competition thus far:

Portland 21 Macon Co. 7 LA 9 Macon Co. 16

Portland 16 Trousdale Co. 21 LA 19 Trousdale Co. 22

Portland 23 York 21 LA 40 York 8

Portland 38 Jackson Co. 0 LA 44 Jackson Co. 21

Portland 23 Cannon Co. 0 LA 41 Cannon Co. 6

Portland was outcoached by Trousdale County in the first half, came back in the second and would have won, but fumbled on about the 15 yard line. We were flat against Cannon Co. because of the loss the week before to TC, I guess. Our bus ride to York was over 3 hours, LA played them at home and it wasn't a long trip for York either. Since I haven't watched LA play, I don't know if the Cannon County and Jackson County points came late, against LA's 2nd or 3rd defense, but neither one scored on our 1st, 2nd or 3rd defense, and while we didn't roll up the points on Cannon Co. we showed we could against Jackson Co. and Upperman. LA has a good team, not trying to take away from that, but they are coming to our house, and it's like visiting the Coliseum in Nashville, the crowd will get into the game. The game may be higher scoring than I predicted earlier, but Portland still takes it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game could be really interesting....PPride, ur not who i thought u was....i would like to know though....Anyways, Portland will win this one because 1) Its homecoming 2) payoffs are at stake 3) Region championship is on the line 4) First home game in a while.....train whistle time 5) WE WANT RESPECT!!!!!!....still haven't got it yet

Portland wins

Let's look at our common competition thus far:

Portland 21 Macon Co. 7 LA 9 Macon Co. 16

Portland 16 Trousdale Co. 21 LA 19 Trousdale Co. 22

Portland 23 York 21 LA 40 York 8

Portland 38 Jackson Co. 0 LA 44 Jackson Co. 21

Portland 23 Cannon Co. 0 LA 41 Cannon Co. 6

Portland was outcoached by Trousdale County in the first half, came back in the second and would have won, but fumbled on about the 15 yard line. We were flat against Cannon Co. because of the loss the week before to TC, I guess. Our bus ride to York was over 3 hours, LA played them at home and it wasn't a long trip for York either. Since I haven't watched LA play, I don't know if the Cannon County and Jackson County points came late, against LA's 2nd or 3rd defense, but neither one scored on our 1st, 2nd or 3rd defense, and while we didn't roll up the points on Cannon Co. we showed we could against Jackson Co. and Upperman. LA has a good team, not trying to take away from that, but they are coming to our house, and it's like visiting the Coliseum in Nashville, the crowd will get into the game. The game may be higher scoring than I predicted earlier, but Portland still takes it.

DON'T MEAN SQUAT!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!

Here is my dream world.

Portland beats LA

Then in week 10 Portland beats Smith Co.

Portland wins out.

All four of our regions teams win in the first round.

Portland hosts Smith Co.

Macon Co. hosts the Jackets

AND THEN

The Jackets go back to Smith Co. in the 3rd round

Hey it's my dream. Get you some.

What's the matter tchsno1fan? Are you afraid to come back to Portland a second time in week 13? :)<_< Just wondering......... :)

Get you some!!! :)

PP, i'm just telling you what i saw. The thing i couldn't understand Stiver wasn't a very big part of the game (what's up with that) the kid leads the region in rushing??

I don't know what happened to the Stiver kid that night, nor York's offense for that matter. They only had 140 total yards and 95 was Stiver running the ball. LA must have really controlled the ball that night. But, that doesn't matter. This week is a new week and I hope we do all the ball controlling. :blink:

:lol:

Here is my dream world.

Portland beats LA

Then in week 10 Portland beats Smith Co.

Portland wins out.

All four of our regions teams win in the first round.

Portland hosts Smith Co.

Macon Co. hosts the Jackets

AND THEN

The Jackets go back to Smith Co. in the 3rd round

Hey it's my dream.  Get you some.

What's the matter tchsno1fan? Are you afraid to come back to Portland a second time in week 13? :P:D Just wondering......... :D

Get you some!!! B)

Nope - not afraid at all. Just that we've been there and done that. Would love to have another round with Smith County.

GO JACKETS!!