greeneville-morristown west

northmemphis27

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might not be as interesting as first thought. Lollar sat out Cocke county game with separated shoulder. Greenway left game injured at the half and was reportedly taken to the hospital. Jr qb Richey looked pretty good against an abysmal Cocke county defense but doesn't have the tools Greenway does. Without Greenway and Lollar the running game is non-existant and there are no effective targets for Richey to throw to. Unless there is some miraculous cure, West wins by 2 TD's

Without Greenway and Lollar the running game is non-existant

You're exactly right barb. Greeneville had just 147 yards rushing against a below average Cocke County defense last night in a 42-18 win. If Greenway had been out earlier in the game, then Cocke County might have had a chance for the win.

Greeneville was up 28-0 when Greenway was injured, and Cocke County outscored them 18-14 over the final 28 minutes of the game.

Without Greenway and Lollar, I think Greeneville will be in serious trouble against Morristown West on Friday. Without those two, I believe West holds Greeneville under 150 yards of total offense, and West wins big.

I also have to think that even if Lollar and Greenway play, they won't be up to the challenge against the toughest defense they will see all season.

Also, the West offense is really firing on all cylinders right now with the running game. Two words to describe the reason the offense has been ignited - BRADLEY JAMES! This kid is quick, and he has been a huge factor the last two weeks with six touchdowns and nearly 400 all-purpose yards.

As for a prediction, I say:

Morristown West 23, Greeneville 7.

Edited by bigdaddy69

Whoa bigdaddy, don't underestimate Greeneville's defense.West hasn't really faced a tough defense in the last 2 weeks. It will be a little tougher for James to tack on another 200 yards at Burley Stadium.Also, I think Knox Central is the toughest defense Greeneville has seen all season and they really did not look too bad considering Greenway had been missed a good portion of preseason with a shoulder injury. It could be closer than you think.

Still no word on Greenway's condition either.Has anyone heard?

Edited by barb

Judging a team by their jamboree performance is just plain stupid and doesn't deserve a reply. However by the time a team has played 5 or 6 games you can tell a thing or 2 about defense. Ask ol Betsy how good their defense is. Greenway rushed for more yards himself that Betsy had in total offense.

Not my Greene Devils. No kids at home anymore. Like to watch a little football sometimes. Don't really suffer fools gladly though and can't stand when someone speaks (or posts) without using the proper organ for formulating thought. West might just beat Greeneville that true, but just don't expect them to be the same team they were during the PRE-SEASON jamboree. Thats just plain dumb.

The Devils started out with two tough games and it looks like they are ending their season the same way.

West wins this Friday night but they then have to go to Morristown to face a East squad that looks to have bounced back very well. A 6-4 season is very possible for Greeneville.

Roll Trojans!