Coffee County vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

As much as I hate to say it, LC is going to win this one BY A LONG SHOT.  It won't even be close.  LC is a snobby team that plays dirty.  CCHS can't handle that.  They haven't seen anything even close to Lincoln county yet this year.

Snobby??? Dirty??? My, my, my what choice words. I don't remember anything snobby or dirty about the Lincoln County vs. Cookeville game, and I have even gone back and watched the replay of it. Are you referring to that last TD when Cookeville's first team D couldn't stop LC's second O with the 3rd team tailback in the game? If you are, get over it. Your coach said it best. It is your job to stop the other team and you didn't do your job. What did you expect, the subs to snap the ball and all fall down on the ground?? The kid that scored that last TD has to practice aginst LC's first team D all week long. I don't know about anyone else, but after going against those monsters all week, I think he deserved it!!! :P

Edited by LCstatman

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCstatman, just a quick correction. At the end of the game with Cookeville- the CAVs had put in their 2nd team defense just as LC had put in their reserve lineman. It wasn't running the score up-it was giving the reserves a chance to play on both sides of the ball.

Either way you slice it, I don't see it as running up the score. That would be more like in the early 90's when Shelbyville was leading LC big late in the game and scored with about a minute to go in the game and went for 2. THAT is running the score up. After watching the Colts comeback against the Bucs last week on Monday night football, I am beginning to wonder if any lead is safe.... :P

rukidnme...your entitled to your opinion about '97 vs a 2003 Chs team w/ a healthy Clark. But I say your nuts. Offensive line play doesn't compare. '97 O line was smart & big. Coach Browne was a genius at play selection & C. Elam would not be tackled by anyone on this years team. '97 also played a schedule that was 100% harder than this years, which they have been struggling with lately. Just my 2 cents though.

Prediction for Friday's game... LC 55 CC 14

LC statman is correct about the '98 game. The CC offense fumbled at least 3 straight QB snaps in the 4th quarter. Coach Thompson was having the LC reserves takes knees with at least 7 minutes remaining.

I find it interesting, to say the least, reading all the different opinions and/or comments on this match up. Actually, this entire season has been loaded with some interesting thoughts.

LC is one of the best high school teams I have seen in quite some time. They are a very strong ,determined group of talented young men that have obviously been well-coached.

If LC should happen NOT to win the state; I definitely want to see the team that beats them.

Good Luck LC......and as always.....GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln Co will win big! Does Coffee Co have any players that could start for Lincoln Co? Nunley is a tough player and if not for him, Coffee Co would have fewer wins. Nunley would probably be the no. 2 back on Lincoln Co. Congratulations to Coffee Co for turning their program around. They should finish 3rd in their region and play either Smyrna or Lebanon.

LC is not a dirty team. Just beacuse Cookeville couldn't stop our 3rd string players from scoring, you label us dirty? Those boys bust their butts every day at practice just like the starters, and when they get in the game you expect them to not play hard??? You expect them to not try to score? And Falconstatman said it I think, we were running straight dive plays up the middle and we busted loose...were we supposed to just...oops...fall??? NO!!! Quit crying and stop charging visitors to freaking park, and worry about your own football team, not ours!!! GO FALCONS!!!

Snobby??? Dirty??? My, my, my what choice words. I don't remember anything snobby or dirty about the Lincoln County vs. Cookeville game, and I have even gone back and watched the replay of it. Are you referring to that last TD when Cookeville's first team D couldn't stop LC's second O with the 3rd team tailback in the game? If you are, get over it. Your coach said it best. It is your job to stop the other team and you didn't do your job. What did you expect, the subs to snap the ball and all fall down on the ground?? The kid that scored that last TD has to practice aginst LC's first team D all week long. I don't know about anyone else, but after going against those monsters all week, I think he deserved it!!! ;)

Cookeville did NOT have their first team defense in, maybe since you watched the tape so closely you should have noticed that to

Well it has already been said several times but I want to add my 2 cents worth!

The whole team is made up of kids both sides of the ball! It is hard to tell a kid who practices just as hard as any starter not to score when he has a chance.

second and third string players don't get to play as much and they want to show what they have when they have the chance!

BUT I always say it is the defenses job to stop the offense not the coaches job! If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch!

GO FALCONS!

Edited by stumpman13

Coach Browne was a genius at play selection

Now that is funny. Elam left, Elam right and then whichever side worked best Elam. Real genius? Give him credit though at least he didn't try anything else. I agree no one on the 03 team would tackle Elam and no one on the 97 team would tackle Nunley. It would be very similar to the first round playoff game.